YardHouse Long Beach Sunday May 30 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

YardHouse Long Beach Sunday May 30

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Tipo815, May 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    Maybe they have. Also, there is a mystic about Ferrari that Lamborghini just doesn't have.

Good things come to those who wait. Like wine.

:D

2. dprestine

dprestine Rookie

May 8, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Looking to join with the group at FX Performance.

Thanks

3. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Wayne - I think it is a simple matter of respect towards the members herein considering that most are Ferrari owners and this is a Ferrari forum. Your original tag line was clearly a jab at Ferraris as it insinuated that a Gallardo was a superior vehicle to a Ferrari. Your tag line might have been better represented on a general exotic car website.

As for "just buying a F car without driving the competition" - I personally have no interest in owning a Lamborghini. It may be a great vehicle as is the Porsche 996 Twin Turbo. Statistically, the Porsche exceeds a 360 on almost every account - but would I purchase it simply because of its superior acceleration, cornering, comfort, and reliability? Never.

Ferrari ownership is not only about a superior vehicle on paper. It is not even about a superior vehicle period. It is about the heritage, the prestige, and any number of other intangible and illogical attributes that have no rhyme or reason. So ... Lamborghini builds a great car. I agree with you 100%. But it will never be a Ferrari!

4. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Sorry guys... I am Ferrari-less too!! (My car is also on its way to NY for the Player's Run!)

Have fun...
    B.

5. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles

Ferrari ownership is not only about a superior vehicle on paper. It is not even about a superior vehicle period. It is about the heritage, the prestige, and any number of other intangible and illogical attributes that have no rhyme or reason

Being a logical sensible person the above quote leaves me at a loss.
    How do you reason with a wall?

Hey Jefferey guess what...I'm a Ferrari owner too.but I drive a Lamborghini
    Ive put 200 miles on my 550 in 3 months and 3700 on my Gallardo.
    It's obvious people buy different cars for different reasons. That will not change.
    Personally I've owned a half dozen Ferraris and I'm not a "mystic"
    type.It's ALL about performance and handling for me. the 288GTO
    I owned was my most memorable F car but mysticism didn't enter my purchase decision here either.
    I think for a poser the mystic aspect is probably more important than it is to
    a genuine "car guy". F1 heritage likewise is meaningless to me as
    a driver of a "production" car! "Prestige" ..BFD... I'm past trying to impress anyone!
    I would NEVER make a statement like " I would NEVER consider
    car "X". I'll always keep an open mind as to "make "unlike some folks.

I'll continue to do what works for me and you do the same sir.

6. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer

Passing judgment on a person is one thing. Passing judgment on a car is preference. YOU should not pass judgment on a person for driving a Ferrari simply because you assume that you are more open minded and drive a Lambo. Only a narrow minded person would say such a thing. Again this a Ferrari Chat. Out of respect if you want to bash us closed minded people who are "wall" like then do it on a Lamo chat not here.

This was all in fun and that has certainly changed.

Bottom line is both cars are great. Some like Lamborghini's some like Ferrari's. Leave it at that.

7. DynastyD_308qv

Nov 24, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Ron Couch Jr.
    We're in... put me down for 5 ...

IF I can find LONG BEACH! :)

Ron

proposed tag line... A Ferrari drive a day keeps the blues away!

8. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Think you need to read my post again Jennifer. I'm responding not instigating.

If person A says I'll consider any make and person B says I wouldnt even consider other makes who is closed minded A or B?

YOU should not pass judgment on a person for driving a Ferrari simply because you assume that you are more open minded and drive a Lambo.

How in the world could you have come up with that???????
    You need to examine the reasons!

It really not that important ,and just goes to prove we both have too much free time to even carry on these insignificant conversations

9. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Should I bring the Ducati or the Ferrari??????????

What do you think? Bring the Ferrari is nice but I'm sure I won't be the only red 360 there. And a Morning ride on the Duc from my house ---> Crystal Cove ----> Long Bach sounds tempting.

What you do you people think, help me out here. :)

10. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    The bike would be more fun (weather permitting) since this not really an organized run just friendly lunch get together.
    Just my opinion(NOT Ferrari bashing).

What model is the Duc?

11. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    That's what I thought. :)

http://www.jimmy540i.com/ducati.htm

12. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    My my Wayne. No need to get testy now! :) No where in my post did I direct any form of insult to you. How do you reason with a wall? I guess you don't. How do you reason with another logical and sensible person? You do so through healthy and open discussion. Let's agree that we are likely to disagree on this matter. It is obvious that your definition of ownership differs from others. You are entitled to your opinions but I do think some of your assessments are misguided.

Whether one is motivated by heritage over performance as part of their reason to purchase a Ferrari does not automatically imply that they are a poser or trying to impress someone. You may not be a "mystic" type but I am willing to bet you that there are a number of Ferrari enthusiasts who are. Why do the Chinese arrange their houses and desks a certain way? It's called Feng Shui. You may not understand it, care about it, or give a rat's a** about it but it is of supreme importance to certain people when they purchase a house or invest their money. Not everything is black and white.

I'm glad you're a genuine car guy and enjoy your Lamborghini immensely. Heed your own advice to keep an open mind as to why Ferrari ownership for some may have a different meaning than it does for you. As for "never considering car x" - once again we are all entitled to our opinions. Consequently, in addition to a Lamborghini I would also NEVER own a Pacer, a Pontiac Aztec, a VW Bus, or a Yugo! :)

More importantly - I do hope you realize that this is enjoyable bantering for me and I do hope you are planning to join us on Sunday. This started out as a YardHouse lunch run topic and I intend for it to return to that issue. Cheers Wayne!

The "Mystic" Ferrari owner! :)

13. fmxa

fmxa Rookie

Mar 3, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Ah yes, but keep in mind if you ride the Ducati you'll have to park around back by the dumpsters with Banana Boat's lambo and the rest of the F car less folks! :)

14. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Ron - Got you covered! Just follow the FERRARI caravan! :) P.S. Love the tag line!

15. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Jimmy - Would love to see the Duc! I consider it the two wheel FERRARI! :)

16. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    NEUTRAL CORNERS, PLEASE!!! That's it, I've had it. I'm gonna bring my POS Karmann Ghia and park it where I feel like it. :) Unless it won't start again, which is a problem I've been having lately LOL.

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Just out of curiosity...what's the deal with lunch at 10:30?

DL

18. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

ahh.... really??? then 360 it is! :D

19. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    10:30 so we have enough time to hang out in the parking lot and slobber over fine Italian art! :) Besides - we want the best parking and the best tables for lunch!

20. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Hey, I might (consider as 50% chance) buy a Quattroporte. Then I get to drive a 4 door F-Car to the meeing. :)

21. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    In that case...We will be there (3). :)

I will hide my SUV behind the Queen Mary (unless some Lambo needs a tow):D

DL

22. mitchski36

mitchski36 Rookie

Apr 25, 2004
    Count me in! I'll park the Silver M3 behind the building behind the dumpster.

I'm running a road race in Brentwood at 8:00, but should be able to get to FX by 9:45 AM no problem.

Mitchell

23. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ??????????

DL

24. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    What's a road race. Is that a BMW thing? If so where do I sign up? :D

25. mitchski36

mitchski36 Rookie

Apr 25, 2004
    Opps - my bad I should have clarified - running as in an actual running event (10K). I decided to get my lazy ass back in shape a few months ago and am doing these things again.