Ferrari's in Thailand??? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferrari's in Thailand???

Discussion in 'Asia' started by alx355gt, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango

Good luck, have a nice test drive over the weekend. Just think about how many Penthouse models have been in the car and it'll all make very good sense.

2. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    K.Theera said it best here regarding the prices and history of each car. I have been wondering about the lack of history recorded onto the service book also. However, I was able to get quite a bit of information from Ferma so I didn't mind so much about that. But wouldn't it be nicer if the book has all info? I never understood why Ferma didn't stamp anything.

On pricing, I've seen many cars with a ridiculous price tag. F-cars are obviously among them. However, these cars are probably negotiated on an emotional term rather than financial one. Some of the cars like 328 or 308 are sold with prices that please both seller and buyer.

I like what you said about the 512TR at GTCars. In fact, I think the car will probably run well. Your input in the car's usability around town will be very helpful. I have no experience with a car this size. It is w-i-d-e. Again, your input will be helpful.

3. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango

Trust me, Ferma doesn't encourage the recording of services in the booklet. Most of the owners/drivers/assistants/relatives/friends that bring cars to them are also to blame for being easy going.

As for price you could actually see which ones are of best value for example (average selling prices to owners not dealers):
    308 Baht 3.2 Mil. new, now Baht 1.3 - 1.6 Mil.
    328 Baht 3.6 Mil. new, now Baht 3.2 - 3.6 Mil.
    348TB/TS Baht 6.3 Mil. new, now Baht 3.7 - 4.0 Mil.
    348GTB Baht 6.6 Mil. new, now Baht 4.4 - 4.6 Mil.
    348Spider Baht 7 Mil. new, now Baht 6.5 Mil.
    348Comp. Baht 7 Mil. new, now Baht 5 Mil.
    355(1) Baht 7.4 Mil. new, now Baht 7.0 - 7.4 Mil.
    355(2) Baht 7.8 Mil. new, now Baht 7.8 - 8.2 Mil.
    355Spider Baht 8.5 Mil. new, now Baht 9.5 - 10 Mil.
    Testa(1) Baht 6.5 Mil. new, now Baht 3.6 - 4 Mil.
    Testa(2) Baht 7 Mil. new, now Baht 4.0 - 4.5 Mil.
    512TR Baht 12.5 Mil. new, now Baht 8.0 - 9.0 Mil.
    512M Baht 14 Mil. new, now Baht 9.0 Mil. 10.0 Mil.

One advice about the w-i-d-e 512, IF THE MIRRORS PASS THEN THE BUTT WOULD FOLLOW, at least this is what they teach you at the Ferrari Advance Driving Course

4. phuket_jeff

phuket_jeff Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Thanks K Teera. Judging by the prices I've seen in the BKK post, it looks like the dealers mark them up quite a bit. Now if I could only convince the wife that I need one.

5. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    One advice about the w-i-d-e 512, IF THE MIRRORS PASS THEN THE BUTT WOULD FOLLOW, at least this is what they teach you at the Ferrari Advance Driving Course[/QUOTE]

K.Theera - I test drove the 512TR and found that the engine is in a very good shape. The suspension is tight and a bit harsh, but no rattling noise or anything of that sort. The ride is firmer than the F355 while I think it should be firm but not as harsh as I feel it is.

The red one in Pattaya was not as harsh and it seemed a bit looser than this black one here. I've never had much experience with 512TR. You owned one and looks like known a few more. If you could tell me if the harshness is normal, it'll be very useful.

6. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    K.Theera - I test drove the 512TR and found that the engine is in a very good shape. The suspension is tight and a bit harsh, but no rattling noise or anything of that sort. The ride is firmer than the F355 while I think it should be firm but not as harsh as I feel it is.

The red one in Pattaya was not as harsh and it seemed a bit looser than this black one here. I've never had much experience with 512TR. You owned one and looks like known a few more. If you could tell me if the harshness is normal, it'll be very useful.[/QUOTE]

It's quite certain that the previous owner, Khun Tong, adjusted the suspension to a lower setting, it's definately not uncommon or difficult to do so. By the way, that's not what you should be worried about, it's more the changing of the timing belt, other bits and pieces including tyres that would definately set you back some baht. Like I said, it will be smart to include in your negotiations the money that would have to be spent in the near or far future. GT Cars are reasonable and have the necessary connections to assist you with any problems.

7. Sporran

Sporran Rookie

May 24, 2004

Sad to hear the 512’s gone south - hopefully she's now got some proper plates!

BTW did you ever manage to get all the sugar out of the engine?

8. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango

Sure, sold the car, and kept the gearbox.........makes a nice door stop.

9. Sporran

Sporran Rookie

May 24, 2004

Nice door stop!

I can't help wondering what your Penthouse friend kept.

Toodle pip.

10. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango

The "Penthouse friend" has sold all of his cars, but kept the babes.......simple needs for some.

11. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    kept the babes!!! Woww....ha ha..wish I can do the same.

Get back to the black TR a little na krub, K.Theera... you said the owner has lowered the car...I wonder if it's the full suspension kit? I have seen the car, and didn't notice the lower height, I wonder if he has changed it back to stock.

Another reason for harshness would be that the car has been sitting for sometime...the suspension probably need some working before it gets back to normal. Is this possible???

12. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango

There's no need to get a new suspension kit in order to lower the height of any 512. The standard suspension that's on the cars have already an adaptable system that allows the owners to select at least two levels, some later models have even the third level. Now, the difference between the two/three levels is 1cm each way. By the way, the Timing Belt of that particular car was changed in 2001, so you are looking at a possible savings of Baht 100,000 already.

One advice before you go ahead with the purchase, get some books on the 512, available through ebay.com and amazon.com. Unfortunately, I can't lend you mine because I'm in the midst of moving house so things are difficult to find.

13. Choopong

Choopong Karting

May 25, 2004
    Hello K. Theera & Everyone,

I'm very new to this site and will therefore have lots of questions for you guys to help out. I'm too a Ferrari lover. 28 right now, home=Samutsakorn.

What is the price I have to pay to own an Enzo in Thailand?

Please let me know. Thank you

Choopong

14. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Khun Choopong,

You're a bit late, the only one that is to be imported into Thailand in the near future has already sold, actually months ago for an undisclosed amount. The lucky owner had to sell his entire collection of Ferraris, mostly cabs to buy that particular one. Who knows, maybe you could convince Ferma to arrange another quota just for you, thats if you have the necessary deep pockets.

15. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Wowww...does this mean we are going to see quite a few used F-car on the market krub??? Or all of them have found homes??? I also wonder how much the Enzo would cost here too..ha ha. I figure it would be around 70 million baht, but that can be very wrong..

Well, I test drove the 512 yesterday and I must say that it is in a very good health, engine-wise. It pulled strongly from any gear, it sat in heavy traffic for about half an hour without problem. The gear change is slow but smooth. The brake felt better than red one I tried before. The clutch seems to be in good shape. The suspension, to me, felt fine. It wasn't too harsh and it's very quiet. The aircon can combat the heat very well indeed...

Geeee.... I love this car. The only problem is that the buyer is my brother. And knowing him, I think both of us have to think very hard about this. We still have the 328 afterall, and I think we should keep just one F-car..ha ha ha...we will see.

16. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Khun Pong,

Glad to hear that you went for a drive in the 512 and found out that it was a nice car. It's going to be a difficult choice, to keep that interesting looking 328GTB Koenig or acquire that awesome performing 512TR. My choice would be to have both in the garage.

The Enzo is indeed a nice car, but so is the 288GTO, the F40 and the F50 that came before it. The price for the Enzo that I heard wasn't far off what you guessed. No, not all of the cars in the collection have found homes so it's not too late for you to get a Spider for your garage.

Good luck.

17. Choopong

Choopong Karting

May 25, 2004
    K. Theera,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
    Too bad we can't get our hands on the price it was sold at. I thought it would have been around 30-35 M

Choopong

18. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    K.Choopong krub.... it's not too late to find one...I saw one guy in the F-chat a while ago who is looking to sell the Enzo..don't know if it's used or brand new...or even if he has sold it or not.

You can ask in the general board to see the response krub...

K.Theera, yes it is an extremely difficult choice. We were thinking about having both of them, but we don't have enough parking space and it will cost quite a bit to take care of both of them. Well, I would love to have the 512 TR over the 328 for sure... afterall, it drives better, is more powerful, is newer, I like the 512's driving position, and it's the V12...ha ha...

Still, we have not made the decision yet... gonna be long discussion about it for sure...

19. Choopong

Choopong Karting

May 25, 2004
    Hello K. Theera,

I have another question that will need your kind assistance. On the price list above ... NEW represents new F-cars : what about NOW ?? does it represent used F-cars?
    Please kidnly advise. Thank you very much krub.

Choopong

20. Choopong

Choopong Karting

May 25, 2004
    Morning K. Pong,

Thank you for recommending Mike to me. Very much appreciated krub.

Choopong

21. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango

Khun Pong,

Having owned both models I can comment that the 328 is a more nimble, with great driver appeal for short distances. The 512 has gigantic amounts of power and its perfect for longer tours and the straight open roads. Both are reliable to a certain extent. With regards to the particular styling of those two cars, one is in its original spec. and the other will be challenge to remodel since seven of the body panels have been modified.

By the way, it was by accident that I bumped into Khun Om of GT Cars yesterday afternoon around Thonglor. Had a chat about cars in general.

22. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    The NEW amounts mentioned in the list are the prices that the cars were initially sold for in Thailand throughout the years, and the NOW amounts mentioned in the list are the prices that the cars are currently trading at. So, if you are interested, get busy selecting the ideal model for you and go out there and get one. Think about it, there's 10 cars to choose from in the market right now.

23. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    K.Theera,
    Yes, it is indeed a very difficult choice to make. I myself will also lean toward keeping both of them. I just love the 328, especially this Koenig version fits very well with the car. Nothing like the 288GTO, but it's very smooth looking though.

I think I have made a decision and will keep both. However, the biggest task now is to convince someone to go along with me, my wife!

When is that drive to Pattaya again? If we get the car in time, maybe my brother and I can both join you guys and we can chat in person then.

I talked to K.Om over the phone last night and he told me that he talked to you too. I think comparing to other dealers around town, GT Cars does seem to be one of the more reasonable and trust worthy. I do thank you for your advice and comments about the 512TR. If indeed I get it, there'll probably be more questions.

K.Choopong, Mike will have a 360CS coming in in July. He might have told you this already. If he hasn't yet, the car is in F1 red, with plastic looking race car style window opening. You might want to take a look at that.

24. Mon

Mon Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    I think I saw one of you, but did not know which one with red 328 K (if I'm not mistaken)...I took my car in for checking the leveling sensor. I was in Titanium 360 :)

25. Onlinesys

Onlinesys Formula Junior

May 1, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Dear K.Choopong krub,

Are you sure you really would like to acquire an Enzo?! PM me and I will talk to the friend as he mentioned the desire to sell his a while ago.

Cheers,