360 end of production? | FerrariChat

360 end of production?

Discussion in '360/430' started by TommyO, May 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TommyO

TommyO Rookie

Apr 9, 2004
    Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knew when the EOP for the Modena and Spider were, respectively. I did a search but could not find the answer.

Additionally, does it seem fathomable that Ferrari would use the Challenge Stradale engine for the last run of Modenas and Spiders in order to stave off stiff competition from the likes of Chevrolet's Corvette? I realise that might anger some CS owners, but it is really in the weight savings that the Stradale gains its performance advantage over the standard Modena, is it not?

2. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    the performance advantage the cs has is a combination of weight saving and an extra 30hp....and i really dont think the corvette is a threat to ferrari... someome doesnt look at 360s then get a vette instead....i currently own a c5 vette and a 360 spider..... they are like apples and oranges... no compairson....i have driven z06s, and even though it is faster than the 360, again, there is no compairson...i you havent driven a ferrari of a lambo, you wont understand....

3. TommyO

TommyO Rookie

Apr 9, 2004
    scycle,
    I am not comparing the driving/ownership experience of a modena to that of a corvette. I am comparing their performance capabilities. As you admitted yourself, a corvette- a Z06 as you used in your example, is definitely comparable performance-wise to a modena, no less a spider. With the introduction of the C6 convertible boasting 400 hp and a supposedly better chassis than its predecessor, it is likely the 'vette will outperform a 360 spider.

Thanks for not answering any of my questions.

4. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    According to what we were told, the 360 is already out of production... I was just at the factory 2 weeks ago and while I got a tour of every other area, the production line was off limits. I was told that a "new" car was on the production line and that a press meeting was scheduled in June to introduce the car.

I am not aware of any other car pending a new release other than the 360.

5. TommyO

TommyO Rookie

Apr 9, 2004
    thanks cm

6. BrianTheYank

BrianTheYank Karting

May 24, 2004
    maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Didnt they make a concept of a new resytled 360? Have it in on of my car mags somewhere at home, Ill try and dig it out later.

7. ART360

ART360 Guest

New car for 05!!!! sure am glad I didn't get a new 360, got a used one.

Art

8. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I have a bridge in Brooklyn that is also available as an '05.

9. Corsa

Corsa Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Heard today

Modena: EOP
    CS: EOP
    Spider: Couple of months until EOP
    360 replacement: Summer 05

10. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Looking forward to seeing the new 428 Modena with redesigned front and rear ends.

11. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Can you say "575M replacement"?

12. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    When I was talking with my Ferrari salesman telling him of my new purchase (Diablo 6.0) he said and reconfirmed my oportunity to buy a 360 replacement. When he found out that he could have my (360) car as soon as I ordered the replacement, he was thrilled. He told me it would not be long.

13. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Well said!

14. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    So no cars for one year I don't think so!
    I have a 360 Spider ordered that is July-Aug build Sept delivery.

15. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "I realise that might anger some CS owners"

Not this one, I don't think we're thin skinned as a group. The Corvette is a fine car. I want a 60s, '66, Vette someday.

"Can you say "575M replacement"?"

Yep, and I also can say "send me one as soon as possible." That's a car I'm willing to buy sight unseen.

16. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I believe this is the rumor too. Man they should have done a more limited run or the 550-575 body, it is too beautiful to put out in such gross numbers as they have.

I think for front engine gt ferrari's it is the most beautiful ever made, scratch that, it is the most beautiful front engine ferrari on or off the track. PERIOD. The 456 is a close second.

Something so beautiful and gentlemanly about it. I sure hope the new car is a front engine again. And the 360 needs a bump to look less like a car from a Japanese cartoon, and more Italian. So for them to wrap production on the 360 for a more track worthy car (not like it isn't already).

Notice that historically challenge cars come out about a year or two before the line ends production. So with a 575 GTC and 360 CS out, it could be a complete turnover in Modena.

17. JOEL D.

JOEL D. Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joel DeLuca
    This is nonsense! I was at Maranello the first week of May, I saw the production line, full of 360's, coupes and spiders and CS's and My CS is due for Oct. delivery, with a Sept. build date. Furthermore, I have money down on the 360 replacement that the dealer has said "not until very late '05 thru mid '06. So there!

PS: I have never seen a vette dust off a 360, at least not a competently driven one

18. bmiller411

bmiller411 Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bruce B Miller
    Can you say 430 with the first ones to be available in May 2005

19. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Yeah the 360 Spider is still in production for a little while longer. Shortly it will end though (a couple months).

20. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.

Just a quick question. How long does it take from placing an order for a car to taking delivery of it? I know that the time is going to vary between the car and situation but on avarage. I just delivered a manual Camry (I'm in Toyota Sales) that took three months and two days from the day I took the deposit to delivery.

21. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Huh? I was under the impression you DID get a new 360.

Gary

22. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Is it for certain that, similar to the delay when the 360 Modena was introduced in 99, there will be a period of delay between the introduction of the Berlinetta version and the Spider version of the 360 replacement? (Therefore, I postulate that the 360 Spiders should "spike" in value for a time similar to what occurred in the F355 Spider market leading up the introduction of the 360 Spider)

23. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Varies greatly. Usually it takes years. There is acutally not definite answer to that question unfortunately.

24. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    "Just a quick question. How long does it take from placing an order for a car to taking delivery of it? I know that the time is going to vary between the car and situation but on avarage. I just delivered a manual Camry (I'm in Toyota Sales) that took three months and two days from the day I took the deposit to delivery."

Well, in the 360 world, putting a deposit down and ordering are two distinct events, usually separated by a couple of years! Once you place the actual order, though, it just takes a few months (a little over 4 in my case).

25. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I don't think anyone chooses to buy a Modena cares at all a Z06 will outperform them.