pop singer bloke with the enzo | FerrariChat

pop singer bloke with the enzo

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by F308 MAN, May 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    ....as i awoke from slumber in front of the tv sometime recently, i am almost sure they stated at the end of the show, that "next week we visit the home of JK (???) and view his motor collection".....i think the programme was fifth gear and is due next mon or tues.
    I would imagine somebody like Dale (our in house TV Times) would have picked this up, unless it's an age old repeat.....or unless i was dreaming.
    Can any body confirm ?
    cheers, d

2. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Yep, it's true

3. yellowtr

yellowtr Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yup, true...and he lives next door to my mate!

4. ian_jory

ian_jory Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Yep, I concur - tis true - there was an article in EVO or Octane or somesuch a while ago about how he had was invited to order, didn't, then got a new record deal, got back on the list - and how he went to pick it up etc..... Actually in all fairness I believe he is a true car buff and knows his stuff! Has an interesting and varied collection of classics.

5. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO

Yes....CAR MAGAZINE did that article....

6. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    He's been in a few...

Octane - talked about his Enzo being fantastic above 160mph... that he loved his 550 after all these years... and is selling his 360spider as its too much of a footballers car.

Car - they accompanied him to Italy to pick up the car and did a big photoshoot

Autocar - they've done a '20 questions' with him

:)

7. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He was at Goodwood with it.
    Someone named Tom wrote his name on it while it was on display.
    Jay Kay's Response:
    "If i would have seen Tom do it, i would've decked him"
    Jay Kay picked it up second hand. I thought he picked it up new, but i was surprised to hear that.

8. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    He got it new. There are picturesof him picking it up from the factory in the owners website. Also, I a magazine (I think Evo) did the trip with him and wrote about it.

9. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    As mentioned earlier he didn't get the original place on the list.

He apparantly bought an Enzo from someone else who hadn't recieved it yet. Thus he picked it up from the factory.

10. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He's got a nice Enzo.
    Not to keen on the green leather though......
    Thoughts?

11. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    ** I was in a bookstore once and saw a black Enzo on the cover of CAR magazine. I opened it and a British rock star named Jason Kay or "Jay" Kay as the text revealed. He recently took delivery of a new black Enzo. The article also showed lots of photos of the black on black masterpiece. The bloke looked no older than 20 years of age.

12. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I heard that he F40 too, also a Diablo and a F355, although hes probably sold those and some others, Im not sure whats in his collection as of right now, He does have the Enzo though, lets hope he actually uses it like its supposed too be used.

13. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    JayKay famously crashed his Purple Diablo... its on wrecked exotics, light purple colour.

He has an F40, 360spider, 550, dunno about 355.

Most are stored in Bucks at his mansion in a specially constructed garages... very high security. The F40 and others are stored elsewhere apparantly.

He also has:

Bentleys
    Lamborghini Miura
    Classic Merc Gullwing
    BMW (classic E30ish shape rally/road car)

And the best thing is HE DRIVES THEM!!!

Regularly seen around High Wycombe in his various cars.

Famously said on Top Gear "the kids of today will never get a chance to see a Miura fly past at 150mph... real shame" or something like that. He's very against garage queens.

Top bloke in my opinion :) That and theres a photo of him in the local chippy :D

14. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Oh yeah... search archives for lots of pics of Jay with his Enzo in London. lots of pics taken and posted. Also, he was on radio claiming to have driven it at over 180mph on a motorway.... allegedly.

Good article here on his cars:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,588-805422,00.html

:)

15. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    Last year at LeMans he put on a free concert for the race fans on the Saturday night during the race, and every now and then he told the band to be quiet, put the mike towards the race track and said - ' now that is real music!'

There was also an article in Octane about the unique '50's Maserati that he bought.

16. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    he doesn't own the f40 any more and he sold the f50 he had to make way for the enzo!

17. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    Thanks for that andrew, good article, and i now feel suitably "informed".
    I can seriously ensorse his admiration for the ride twixt La Spezia and Santa Margherita Ligune, lunch in the hills, followed by dinner at Portofino.....i can assure you, you will enjoy and never tire of going back and forth.
    I recently posted a thread re motorail to the south of france.....this was the adventure uppermost in my mind, along with a trip to Maranello and maybe, my first visit to the ducati factory and museum in Bologna.
    Anybody out there seriously fancy it ?
    regards, david

18. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    He's still got his 355 - his favourite Ferrari (quoted before he received his Enzo).

19. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    He was famously beaten by model Jodie Kidd in the Top Gear show's "star in a reasonably priced car" timed lap around the Top Gear test track.

I heard that someone wrote "Jodie's faster" in the dust on the car when it was parked up at Goodwood.

Robert.

20. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    unless he had 2 his black 355 from the cosmic girl video was up for sale with a dealer a year and a half ago.

21. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I agree, Sant Agata Classic had it on their website a few months ago as a previously sold vehicle, a 95 GTS. I believe he lost his licence driving it.

22. djaffrey

djaffrey Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Paul Baber is selling his 250 GTO (Favre recreation) actually I am not sure I was supposed to know that it was his car - but I do.

If anyone fancy's a car with a bit of rock star provenance there you go (remember it is a recreation and they still want £175,000 or so). Personally I'd have Lennon's Roller or Mercedes SL.

JK also owns a BMW 2002 (top man), Miura (as stated), Bentley, Silver DB5, SL Roadster (not Gullwing), Maserati (Frua ?) and an Alfa (I think). Anyone with a garage like that gets my respect.

23. pip308

pip308 Rookie

Apr 30, 2004
    Basingstoke, England
    Full Name:
    Philip Day
    He has written a song about his Enzo called Black Devil Car, he owns and drives a fiat 1000 its yellow and he loves it loads

24. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I thought Diablo was 'devil'... he should compare his car to some other kind of mythical beast that has not already been taken. Like a goblin or Fairy..... hummm doesn't have the same ring to it somehow.

25. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    worst mistake jay kay made was when he got rid of the best vehicle he had [denise VAN houten] what a chassis and here mouth sounded better than a tubi and had a decent pair of airbags