I just drove a Maserati Quattroporte.............. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

I just drove a Maserati Quattroporte..............

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by kizdan, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The new Quatroporte.

Pros:
    Great looking, I have seen the car. Maybe my opinion is influenced by how bad the 612 looked in comparison. In fact if I needed a 4 seater I would choose the Maser over the 612 regardless of price.
    Sweet engine.
    Unique. (MB's are a dime a dozen)

Cons:
    It will depreciate like a rock.
    Reliability.
    Shifting.
    Trunk (or is it a second glove box?).

2. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

Could someone post a pic of the rear or 3/4 rear side shot of this new Maser and then post a rear or 3/4 rear of Chevy's New Monte carlo.
    Talk about a dime a dozen looks! The resemblance is striking.

3. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Michael... did you really put an E ROD emblem on the trunk of your E55? LOL.

4. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

Actually my e55 is nomenclature delete, But those letters now reside on the air Box in engine compartment...I had taken a few pics of the beast with its stable mate, My V Rod HD.

5. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Trying to find some more shots of theMaser Carlo

6. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I don't see any resemblance at all.

7. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

Posted 2 pics

8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I saw them, and I still don't see it. I don't think that one will ever be mistaken for the other.

9. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

Sorry the first time I saw th QP, i thought of the monte rear!
    its not a matter of mistakeing, its a poor design.it will date very quickly.

10. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I disagree. I think it will age very well over time.

I have to say that you are the very first person I have ever heard call the Quattroporte a "poor design". I have heard nothing but glorious compliments on the car by literally thousands of people. (at the Detroit Auto Show) "This is the most gorgeous 4-door at the show" was the general concensus.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, right?

11. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The last generation QP had a great out of this world exotic look,didnt Rocky drive one of them in the series? certainly there were no borrowed shapes there. It was pure euro, almost as awesome as the Lagonda or f412 or 400i. personally I Feel the newest generation Blowfish grill/mouth and curved down headlight/hood area look like pontiac throwbacks. the rear doors make it look like it should have the letter L after its model designation.It is elegant but just not up to speed in exterior execution, and I believe after a year or 2, they will drop that body for a more futuristic look.

just 1 mans opinion!

12. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Strikingly different......

13. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

You have got to be Kidding Me. Take a look at the monte's side rear window, identical curve to maser, IDENTICAL!. The Shape and the way the tail lights on the monte lead into fender, Identical, the Buttress type rear bumper/very similar it even has the bumper fender seam in identical spot.take the spoiler off the monte and the trunk lids are extremely similar...the pics of the Monte are not all there,other angles show more similarities...can someone post more rear shots of a monte with no spoiler.
    I bet Maserati sources their parts from GM.

14. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Sounds more like you're trying desperately to reaffirm your decision to buy your "E ROD" by trashing the Quattroporte. Even my wife laughed her head off at your Monte vs Maser comparison. Why do you want someone to post more pictures of the Monte? You stated your wrong opinion - just leave it at that.

15. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hey! I will drop my case, What I was getting at is Maser could have done a much better styling Project. I have no bones to pick...I have no regrets on my 2nd E 55 as I have owned it a year now.I expect to get the next generation AMG E when it arrives Too.And I do not need to reaffirm the purchase of the Best 4 door super car on the planet.
    Justs the Facts, nothing Else.

16. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I think MSDesign is still sore about the Quattroporte winning a comparison test in last month's Car and Driver that had it win out over an E55 and an XJ-R.

17. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Hey Kizdan. I know the QP's haven't been released yet in the US, but have you any idea how these things fare in the snow? Any speculation if AWD will be offered at some point?? TIA

18. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I don't think AWD will ever be offered on the Q-Porte. Put a set of dedicated snow tires on the car and it'll get along quite well.

19. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    That is what I figured. Thanks for the info.

20. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

There's a slight, forced at best, resemblance....IN PHOTOS. In the flesh, I doubt there's any comparison.

They look less similar from any angle than the Hyudai Tiburon looks like the blatantly copied 456. In the flesh, however, there's no comparison between a Tiburon and a 456. The Tirburon is already dated. The 456 is already a classic.

It will be the same with the QP and any Chevrolet product, even if they blatantly copied the QP.

The whole idea is comical.

Forza,

Cavallini

21. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

In photos, the Monte Carlo looks as much like an E55 as it does the QP. In the flesh, however, there's no comparison. E55's are handsome, aggressive and far more beautiful than the previous generation. To my eyes, this E-class, esp. the E55, are the most beautiful MBs ever built. But in photos, many claims can be made.

Forza,

Cavallini

22. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    Just had someone at my house today with a new monte carlo. looked nothing like the maserati. Pics really do not do some cars justice.
    //mk