At last I can afford one - please help.. | FerrariChat

At last I can afford one - please help..

Discussion in '360/430' started by Marty S, May 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marty S

Marty S Rookie

May 25, 2004
    Hi all,

I'm a newbie and an avid Ferrari fan, though I've only been able to admire them from afar before. I'm at last able to afford one, and I really want the Modena 360 with the F1 trans (so the wife can drive it too!!), but my budget is only about $150,000.

Here's my question: I'd prefer a convertible by far, but can I get something decent for that price or am I better advised to stay with the coupe?

Also - what year could I afford, likely mileage, etc. Any suggestions on how/where to find my dreamcar? I was thinking Titanium or Red.

Any advice you could give a first-time Ferrari buyer would be greatly appreciated. I've driven sports cars before (95 Esprit, GT40 replica), but this is a different league and I'm in the dark...

Thanks in advance,
    Marty

2. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Get the latest that you can afford which would translate into a:

(1) US version 2001 360 Coupe with the F1 with less than 8k miles
    (2) Make sure that the car has had the 3 yr belts service and get a Pre Purchase Inspection done on the car.
    (3) Make sure that you get all the service records for the vehicle

or get a F355 Spider with a 6-speed.

3. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Marty, You have a Private Message.

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    You probably would not be able to get a 360 Spider for that price unless it was a converted European car (nothing wrong with that) with a lot of miles. Even then, probably not, especially with F1 transmission.

If you value convertible over coupe and must have F1 transmission, get a 1999 355 F1 spider.

If you value having a 360 over having a convertible: get the 360 F1 coupe. You will be able to get a really nice model anywhere up to 2001 or so with low miles in your budget.

5. advan24r

advan24r Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    If your lucky you may find one around that price..maybe an older model...early 2002s or so.

My father was lucky enough to find a clean/mint 2003 360 Modena w/2500 miles for $165k.

6. Marty S

Marty S Rookie

May 25, 2004
    Thanks to all for your help.

Marty