My Ferrari Day. | FerrariChat

My Ferrari Day.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Bart, May 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    I had to drive my beast to San Diego today to attend the TechEd 2004 hosted by Uncle Bill. It was enlightening.

On the way home, I first stopped at Symbolic Motors in La Jolla. Wow, did they have some nice and interesting cars. I loved the Packard Limousine from the 30s. It was so nice. The Sparrow was unique. While I was there, a gentleman was interested in buying a yellow 550. The salesman recognized me from my other visits to Symbolic and knew I was driving a 550. I, of course, explained to the buyer why the 550 was so much better than the Porsche GT3, which was parked next to the 550. How could anyone in their right mind think a Porsche GT3 was even close to a 550? The price may be the same but think about it. A Porsche verse a V-12 Ferrari. Come now. I was not on drugs. Why spend $120,000 on a piece of German Junk when one could have an Italian piece of art.

Next, I stopped at the new Ferrari dealership in La Jolla. The parking lot at the dealership sucks. I parked in the back blocking the entrance to the dealership. I had my passenger ask in it was OK to park there. They said, “Yes.”

A lucky man was being given his “walk though” of his new black on black 360. His woman was most attractive. I, being the gentleman I am, did not tell him my feelings about an automatic on a Ferrari. Oh, well, he will be having fun now.

So how was your Ferrari day?

2. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Sounds like a fun day!

As Jermey Clarkson quotes..."You see, I think a Ferrari is a scaled down version of.....God, and the Porsche is just a hopped up Volkswagon"

Having said that I will now come to the defense of the GT3, while I would much rather have a Ferrari then a Porsche 911 GT3, but once youve rode in one around a track, your perception completley changes! The car is very fast through the corners and on the straights, the driver of the GT3 took down the 360 CS on the straight away NO JOKE! However, that driver did claim that it was his 1st day on the track with the CS, so he was a little nervous. Maybe he'll get his win in August at the next PPIR day :D

Anyways, Im not trying to start a fight but the GT3 is far from junk, yes I would much rather have a Ferrari, but without F-cars, the GT3 is ranked pretty high on my list, the car is much better then what some people think.