Factory tours | FerrariChat

Factory tours

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by CMac, May 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Looking for info on factory tours.....going to be in Venice/Florence in August and looking for information. Want to be sure they are even going to be open as I know they sometimes shut down for long periods of time.

Thanks for any input guys!

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Not that I'll be going anytime soon but doesn't everybody there take a month off at one time during the summer?

3. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Yes, August is a shut-down month for the entire country. The last time I tried to book a tour, May, June & July 2004 the factory were not accepting any tours, but who knows, they may have changed this. Contact your local dealer or FNA (ask for Myrna) for tour info. Once-in-a-while, the Ferrari Owners Site offers two-day tours including accomodations at a near-by hotel. Keep an eye there...

4. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of...had a friend recently make the trek and actually made it to the front door before he realized they where shut down!
    (Don't think he actually planned on going before he got there though, think he's smarter than that!)

Was going to sign up this weekend for FNA and work that route as well, thought some of you might have some input!!! Thanks for the info Peter!

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Hey, we may be passing by your way on Saturday, June 5th, going to Silverdale for lunch....check out the thread on the Wilson Audio thing....

6. Oblio

Oblio Karting

May 9, 2004
    Puget Sound, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd R
    Last year I scheduled a tour for Sept. Unfortunately I had to cancle the trip. When I talked to FOS, they told me August was the month they shut down and no tours. Check with FOS of course. Maybe they will have a tour when you are there. You need to get your request in now since it takes several weeks to get you reservation from Italy.

I am planning to go this year in Oct. Looking forward to the trip.

7. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    I would love to meet up with some of you guys, Car came in Monday night and have yet to ejoy a real drive but sounds like Saturday may have a glimmer of hope. Although most of the afternoon is shot, I would be available if you plan on heading through before lunch. If everyone coming wanted to stop for a break around the Olympic Village Exit it would be fairly convenient for everyone.....please post a reply if any of you are interested.

As far as the tour goes, Im going to try my luck with FNA to see if they know....Im losing faith though!!! I guess Lamborghini will probably be closed too!

Let me know what time you all are coming through and I'll keep time aside for at least and introduction! Look forward to meeting some of you.

8. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I did the factory tour via the Owners' site in January and would highly recommend it. As others have said, the factory will likely be shut during August. That is fairly normal in Italy. Regardless, you would need to arrange a tour in advance. If you just turn up at the gate they'll most likely laugh you out of town. Either try through your local Ferrari dealer or you could try e-mailing the Owners' site. Gemma Zubbiani was the guide for the January trip and was very helpful.

9. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    CMac,
    I got my authorization notice from Ferrari for my factory tour Sept 15 at 10am. To go on a factory tour you must have a Ferrrai or go with a friend that has one, talk to your Ferrari dealer so they can give you the required paper work, get a notice from Ferrari. August in Europe is generally vaction time, so Ferrari may be closed or have a vaction staff only. You can contact ferrari customer service direct via Ferrari.com.
    Good luck,
    Jim

10. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003