The Spider Stradale by Imola Racing . . . | FerrariChat

The Spider Stradale by Imola Racing . . .

Discussion in '360/430' started by 3omar, May 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Imola Racing is now offering a Stradale body kit for the 360 Spider.

2. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    Doesnt look too bad actually.... but I would never even consider to have that put on my car.

3. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Do they have a website?

4. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    EEEEWWWWWW!!!!

5. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Their parent company is Dimex Automotive: www.dimex-automotive.de.

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    What would a Stradale be without those awesome carbon fiber mirrors? They need to add those.

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Good point.

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    YEAH! If the fit 'n fish were solid - and I had a spider - I'd get it ASAP. Only with the regular challenge grill and CF racing seats.

9. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Boy, that sucker is low! Look at the ground clearance behind the front wheel in the first shot.

Gary

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Sorry, guys but what is the point. This is as bad as the Honda Civic guys going around with large wings here and there and everywhere and a BIG R on the boot.

A Stradale is a Stradale because Ferrari went to great lengths to make it lighter ... they did not just remodel the body.

You cannot add some aftermarket styling kit to your spider and make it drive like a Stradale.

Remember guys we are supposed to be into driving not posing! ... but then maybe you spider owners already have the dreaded posing disease ;)

Pete

11. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Agree, Lol about the Spider owners :)

12. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Pete,
    completely disagree with you here.
    The 360 is a mass produced car. There are a dime a dozend out there. Hardly a day goes by without me seeing one on the road.
    Someone personalizing his car is certainly okay on such a car. Its not a P4 or a collector car.
    The Spider can never be mistaken as a Stadale. The front bumper cover on the Stradale looks right though compared to the ugly stock 360 cover. If I'd drive a 360 as a daily that would have been something I would have done to my car the day I saw the first Stradale picture.

With your argument the guy glueing a scuderia shield on his 308 is vandalizing his car or posing that that 308 has a racing history. Hardly the case if you consider it from just astetics.

I totally agree though it does need the mirrors as well.

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Well then I do hope I never, ever see another post laughing at the young kids in the Hondas, etc. Man some of you Ferrari guys are so far up your own a*ses it is embarrassing. You guys take the piss out of the poor Honda owners who are just 'personalising' their cars ... and then you approve this sort of 'personalising' rubbish on a Ferrari and it is acceptable.

This personalisation LOWERS anybody who does this to their car to the same level as the Honda owners you all laugh about. Their is absolutely no performance gain with this mod ... just like the over large tail pipe, etc.

Plus Stradale refers to light racing road cars ... not styling kits.

Pete
    ps: And yes a 308 owner who puts a scuderia shield on his car and never tracks it is a poser :D ... just like the Honda owner.

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    A dime a dozen...?!? Where...?!? i haven't seen one for less than 6 figures...!!!

i'll take twelve, please...!

15. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Amen Martin. I don't mind *moderate* customizing of ANY make, be it Honda, Ferrari or McLaren. 360's are one of 10,000 - why not make it more individualized? As someone like Mr. Glickenhaus would likely point out, even vintage Fcar owners with a 1 of 14 car will still do whatever the h3ll they want to their cars. Were people pissed when Zagato rebodied Ferraris?

The point is to get the looks of the lower body of the Stradale. Nothing more.

If you want to make it LOOK like a Stradale - which is much better looking than the stock 360, because of the front bumper and side skirts - then why not?? Not every modification is performance-oriented. Caring about a car's looks do not make one a poseur nor any less of a car 'purist.' 2-inch lower side skirts and a subtle bumper enhancement are not equal a 5-foot aluminum wing. And it's not like people are going to put a "Challenge Stradale" badge on the Spider, either.

Don't be offended, Pete, but you poo-poo on so many ideas I wanted to 'rebutt' your argument

16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm not offended and I agree do what you like, your car ... but I really hope we never see anymore of those ... look at what this idiot has done to his car posts, which you all love to jump in and laugh at the guy.

Take Lamborossa for example ... just the same ... okay maybe in bad taste and all, but he is just personalising his car and making it something it isn't. Remember the thousands of posts made my members from this site knocking him.

That is my point. You cannot cast aspersions if you want to play this non-performance modifying game as well. Most posters here love to sit high and mighty above 'normal' people and condemn their modifications as a joke.

This IMO is just as tacky ... although the front bumper of the Stradale is far better looking ;)

Pete

17. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I cannot believe a Ferrari sales person would make the above statement. I estimate about 600 360 Spider's are delivered to North America each year. They were introduced in 2001. It is 2004 and for argument sake we agree there are 2000 Spider in the US and Canada. Is that a dime of dozen?

You need an attitude adjustment if your going to continue to sell Ferrari's.

18. Looks pretty good but the rear wanna be challange grill is discusting.

19. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

There is one major point to add: the Hondas et al need the "personalization." I have never seen a Ferrari that needed an addition of any visual sort. External additions to Ferraris almost always ruin the line, the symmetry of the car. These Imola "Stradale"-look additions, however, do make an already beautiful car stunning. With Acuras et al, external aids often make something bland something worth a look. Tubis, however, are another matter. ;)

Forza,

Cavallini

20. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I agree.

I try not to get involved in any of the flaming/bashing over mods. And I felt like we were very cruel to the Lambarossa kid - crappy car or no - I was ashamed by what people said about him and his girlfriend.

I used to loathe seeing all the Civics around with mods... until I began to appreciate their passion for their own cars (and then I bought a Japanese car too). So if you're going to accept any mods, you have to be open to the *idea* of all of them. This doesn't exclude extreme examples though - and I'm not saying we should openly embrace Fiero kit cars, either. I'd say there's a point where we could say, "whoa, that is too much" without condemning everyone.

But you're right, I think that the 'high and mighty' stance has to go (and I'd say I don't buy the arguments from the "keep it stock" people, either).

Nberry - In Martin's defense, he does live in an area with a disproportionate number of Ferraris and I'm sure a stock 360 turns fewer local heads there, hence more appreciation for a little customizing. I don't think his happy, money-saving clients care if he says that.

_________

But hey, even the factory makes a 360 (the GTC) looking like this:

21. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Here goes . . .

22. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Also from Imola Racing . . .

23. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Mods to the 360 Coupe . . .

24. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Also from Imola Racing . . .

25. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Perhaps he sees one on the road everyday because it's one that he is letting somebody test :)