Nuerburgring practice session - SPOILERS | FerrariChat

Nuerburgring practice session - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, May 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Are the Mc Larens back?

Kimi was fastest and 3/10 faster than Michael, who couldn't improve his time in the second session due to a hydraulic failure on the Ferrari.

Fisico lost an engine, poor guy goes 10 spots back on the grid.

It'd be nice to see the Mc Larens back in action, especially at Mercedes' home GP. But let's wait till tomorrow and Sunday.

2. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    The key words are "mercedes home GP". So they already have a ton of data to otimize the car features to maximize performance. This advantage is short lived and saturday qualification / sunday race are a different story.

4. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003

Thanks for the update..

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not sure about that. Nuerburgring isn't really a common test circuit for any of the teams. They all normally go to Barcelona and other warm locations during the winter (or the British teams to Silverstone).

It's more that in front of the Mercedes bosses they pull out all the stops to put up a good show. However with this year's one engine rule I don't think they can gamble much, so maybe what we're seeing is indeed an improvement in the McLaren/Mercedes team.

I never liked Mc Laren, but I would like to see them coming back to their strong form. Makes the game more interesting. But it ain't a bad thing if Ron Dennis has to be humble for a few months...

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The Nuerburgring track however is used for other forms of racing in the summer time. I once drove by there and was lucky they had some historic racing days where I was able to shot this cool "Ferrari":

7. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Well their engine, hydraulics, pnuematics, supension or exhaust will give up and Kimi will be out of the race. DC will suffer from some wiered freak incedent and will not be able to finish either. Poor McLaren... its really been a sad start to a season.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    DC's race looks bad already, but the dark lord Raikkoenen has a fair chance. I just hope it won't end in another BBQ courtesey of Merc.

9. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    See what did I tell you in my original post. DC is practically out of contention. Kimi will have a jet pack blow up and send him into the pits oh say by lap 40 or so.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hehe, sure enough.