Show yourself!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Show yourself!!!

Discussion in 'Asia' started by ltjng, Feb 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    hmm, why would S. Korea be 1st but China is 2nd?
    China is actually considered one of the countries won the WW2, it was on the said of USA and fought Japan, it was also officially listed as one of the countries that were entitled to compensation for war from Japan, and their Prime Minister wavied the compensation.

2. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    There seem to be a lot of cars in Hong Kong but here in Shanghai I have not seen another car on the road. There is 360 in the showroom but I have never seen the car outside. I have a 1984 308GTSI QV here and it seems to be the only one. I gets great attention when its out in the town, but there is no support for the car here, I do the maintaince myself, parts are all by mail order. Sadly there are no good roads for enjoying the car here, but when the new circuit opens then I hope I can get some track days in there.

Michael Collins

3. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Not the current communist China. The official government for China at the time was the Nationalist (The Republic of China, or Taiwan now). In fact, the Nationalist was an original member of UN until communist China forced them out.

4. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

WhEW!!! Thanx again Kenster! Dang, I should took more History courses! But you'd be the one to know best professoR^_~!
    Oh and Michael, that is Awesome that the circuit will open up in Shanghai! I heard about that! Well, I know in alot of Asian countries, the roads are rough, so once the track opens, Go ALL OUT brO!!! All that has been piled up inside u from not bein able to release ur passion on the bad roads, let it all out on that beautiful track that will soon open!!!
    Oh, I'm in the progress of having some pix taken in Korea of some of the shops and cars! On the weekends is when they all gather, so keep an eye ouT!!!=)

5. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

Hello Woodear! Go check out the pics I posted on the general forum. I have posted a few exotics that I have taken pics of in 2 sections. I will post more today! Tell me what you think.

6. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    The F40 here was confiscated from one of the Realtor tycoons. I guess by now quite a few people in the government might be fighting for the auction of this car. Sorry F40Lover, that's the way it is here most of the time.

I'm going to NC in two days and the guy at Foreign Cars Italia said they have one F40 and one F50 in stock. The F40 is already sold to his customer in UK though. I think the F50 is still available.

All the help I can be for you is probably putting you together with a few gray importers who know the market and where to get these cars, and also with the Ferma guy I talk to. Hope I can be of help. Get in touch, though, once you are here.

7. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Greetings from Thailand.

On behalf of the Ferrari Club Thailand (FCT), there are all together 206 Ferraris in Thailand, being 3-Dinos, 12-308s, 8-328s, 46-348s, 48-355s, 32-360s, 1-400i, 1-412, 15-456s, 3-Daytonas, 2-Boxers, 14-Testarossas, 9-512TRs, 3-512Ms, 1-550, 4-575s, 2-288s, 2-F40s and 1-F50. The Club was established in 1995 with 40 active members. Activities of the Club include the usual gettogether for meals and parties. Usually drives are arranged on a regular basis, on the last one there were 17 cars going to the beach in Pattaya. Theres no problems with the police in Thailand so it's really great driving, thats if you are not stuck in Bangkok, just make sure that you go out of the city.

Surprised at the limited numbers of Ferraris in Philippines, any club for owners or enthusiasts?.

8. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron

206 Ferraris...that's quite a lot! Re: Fcars in Manila, am curious, too. Anybody?

9. AlexKim

AlexKim Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    My boss is from Korea. They are not poor country. I visit for business sometimes and very nice. In mid 1990th South Korea was 11 strongest economy in the world.

I see many more expensive cars than before, but still not very much compared to Los Angeles or San Fransisco. My boss have Diablo and some other nice car in Korea. He moves the cars from Korea to Japan depend on where he goes. When I visit the countries he let me drive. Most exotic I have seen is San Fransisco. I visit and they are everywhere on the road even when nothing special. I want to live in California but my boss live there and he should not see I have very nice car or he will reduce the salary!

I had 360 and 550. I try to get 575 but still too much money. Want to wait until more used and then less of fees. I am in Taiwan or Bal Harbour USA. I bought the cars in USA but I no longer come so I sold. I want to buy in Taiwan. Goverment so high I sell 2 Ferrari and can not buy only one I want.

ABK

10. young-nyc

young-nyc Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bayside, NY
    Full Name:
    Young Kim
    wow must be great to drive your boss' car =)
    especially a ferrari...

jeh-me-khet-dah =)

11. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Im going to Cebu Philippines in April for about 3 weeks. I will ask around who are the F-car owners there... I gotta check out that Manila Sports Car Club too. Do you have to be a member to go to their Sunday functions?

Thanks...