Bugatti EB 110 (info needed) | FerrariChat

Bugatti EB 110 (info needed)

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by urraco, May 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    anyone knows the story behind this unbelievable italian exotic supercar?
    why it didn't succeed?
    what ever happened to that glorious name?
    how many were produced? waht years?
    anyone has pics of EB 110s or other Bugattis?
    all info will be appreciated.

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Click the following for all the answers: http://www.qv500.com/indexbugatti.htm

There's a lot of info on other cars on that site too. Take your time and read through them. Very informative.

3. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    Bugatti`s are just from another world!
    just awsome......

1001 hp
    252 mph
    0-60 2.9

what else do you need!!!!

I would peeee my pants going that fast

4. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Those specs are for the Veyron, not the EB110.

5. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    Bugatti was a FRENCH brand, originaly. Today the brand is owned by the VAG group (Volkswagen / Audi) who is GERMAN. Nothing to do with ITALIAN. My 2 cents...

6. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    true, but the eb110's are now made by Dauer, which is Italian. Based in Modena IIRC

7. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    EB 110

Car was not developed enough. I read where there is a huge turbo lag.

It is a nice looking car though. I hope they succeed this time.

8. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr

yeah I was talking about this one!
    http://fast-autos.net/bugatti/03bugatti164.html

so the car is a concept ride?

still takes my breath away......................................

9. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    There was a History Channel presentation about the history of Ettore Bugatti some time ago. It didn't focus on anything modern, even though one of my favorite cars is the EB110. Heck, even Schumi has a yellow one. Not sure if it is the EB110SS or not, but I have a shot of the delivery somewhere in a magazine. If he still has... someone else can verify that.

The history of Bugatti himself as a person is beyond fascinating to me. The Type 35 is just a historic piece. Built in 1934, the Type 35 won many victories, including the Mille Miglia. No one expected him to win that particular race at all, or even finish it. But he won it, along with two other big races that year. He continued to dominate those races in 1936, 1937, 1938 and 1939.

Buying a Bugatti, as I have only read and heard about through hearsay, it's more about having a passion for a car. That can buy you a car. With all the money in the world, with all the prestige and fame, you still cannot walk out the door with a Bugatti. You must have passion for Bugattis. And as Ettore Bugatti sold his cars, he sold them to people who wanted to work on their cars.

10. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Actually, Dauer is german (remember the Dauer 962?). They did buy the tools when the Italian Bugatti went bankrupt. Or am I wrong? Could Dauer be italian? Anywaysm do a search for Dauer EB110, and you'll come up with results. They have an engine upgrade good for 750hp!! Turbo lag that's worth it!!!!

Schumi did have a yellow (with blue interior) EB110SS ... but he sold it after a while.

The car was developped enough. Problem came from the fact that it was a street supercar, and not a street legal track car. When McLaren survived thanks to selling their cars to racing teams (and having other activities) ... Bugatti didn't have that option. The car was simply 10 years ahead of its time. It took 10 years for Lambo to come up with a fast yet driveable supercar (which was the EB110), the Murcielago.

Some specs?
    2 versions, GT (GranTurismo) and SS (SuperSport). GT was ... well, more of a GT, when the SS is more powerful, lighter ... just sportier. I think respective weights were around 1800 and 1500kgs.
    V12, 3.5L, 4 turbos (yup, four). 560hp (GT) or 611hp (SS ... just one more than the McLaren of the time ...:)). 5 valves per cylinder. Top speed (verified by mags was 338km/h for the GT and 353km/h for the SS)
    Spaceframe carbon fiber tub chassis (one big chunk of CF), with AWD.
    Nakamichi sound system (GT), original design was supposed to be what became the Nazca (Italdesign, I believe) ...
    Surprisingly, the car is really small, compared to the Murcielago, for example. Much nimbler than what you'd imagine.
    And there has to be more that I forgot...

I used to have tons of pics, but lost my HD ... will try to get some for you ... will post the links...

FYI, this is my all time favourite car. :D

edit : EB110 on dauer's site : http://www.eb110.de/eb/engindex.html

EB110 GT (you can tell by the rims and the glass rear mini window)http://www.allsportauto.com/modules.php?name=Sportphoto&zl_idMD=888

EB110SS (lots of GTs got SS wheels, but only SS have the air intake behind the window) http://www.allsportauto.com/modules.php?name=Sportphoto&zl_idMD=805

More pics : http://www.basehead.org/wallpapers/cars/bugatti/eb110.php

Here's what it should have looked like (Italdesign/BMW Nazca) : http://www.allsportauto.com/modules.php?name=Sportphoto&zl_source=RallySupercars2002&zl_idMD=804

11. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    congratulations! I've just realized you own the world's most desirable exotic sport car: URRACO how is it like? I assume it's a lot of fun to own and drive it
    back to Bugatti: this car has impressed me very hard!

12. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    #14 urraco, May 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    imo veyron = crap. How many times have they changed the specs and release date now?

14. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi Gents,

The Bugatti EB 110 was actually built in Campogaliano, just outside Modena between 1991 and 1995 when the Romano Artioli owned factory went bankrupt due to an unpaid bill to Italdesign for doing the EB112 design and the prototype car!
    The Name was aquired by VW and the License to build the EB110 and the rest of the original parts were sold to Dauer in Germany(The cars built by Dauer is called the Dauer Bugatti EB110 and not Bugatti EB 110). Dauer also took over the service agreements to maintain the cars that were original sold by the Italian Bugatti factory, after it's bankrupcy!
    The Italian Bugatti factory built and sold 139 cars before closing! I do not know how many of the Dauers were built!
    Ettore Bugatti was born in Milan Italy in 1881 and moved later to Alsace in France where he built his famous cars! The type 35 was built in 1924 and NOT in 1934 as Schatten wrote earlier in this thread! The type 35 was by any standard the most winning race car ever, and it's record is most likely never to be beaten!!! Ettore died in 1947 and the factory was sold to Hispano Suiza in the sixties!
    Today the Marque is owned by VW but this is a completely new and different story not to be told by me!
    For most Bugattiste like myself, the history of "La Marque" starts with Ettore being born in 1881, and ends with the sale of his factory in the sixties!!!
    I too hope that VW will be able to bring the proud old Marque back to it's former glory from their base in Molsheim France, where they have aquired much of Ettore's old property and have built a new test track and an assembly building called the Atelier!!! Let's see what the future will bring!!!

Best regards

Carsten Christiansen
    Automotive artist
    http://www.bugattiart.com
    http://www.bugattiweb.com

15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I remeber seeing an add in Classic and Sports Car magazine for a EB110. The add said the car had just recived a service to the tune of 50,000 pounds!!
    I don't have any idea as to what was done, but the add said nothing of an engine of trans rebuild. I will see if I can find the add and post which issue it was in.

These cars are very cool. Gentry Lane here in Canada had one years ago when they were first being made. I think it was a silver on if I'm not mistaken. I just wonder how much you could really drive the thing before it goes KA-POW on you.

Does anybody know what electronics they were using? I presume Bosch stuff. Did they cast there own engines in hose or were they sourced? What type of transmisson did they use..was it there own design or was it out sourced. I really don't know much about these things but I would like to know more about them, from a technical stand point. To me it was a very interesting car.

16. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I don't know for the electronics, but the turbos are IHI. Engine and transmission, I think were built in house, and if they were outsourced, were definitely exclusive!

Another funny fact, the B-Engineering Edonis, is built by the same bunch of crazy people, and its twin turbo V12 is derived from the Bugatti one ... not sure if the Edonis is ever gonna be on the road ... as long as Michelin pays to promote their PAX tires ... they're good to go :)

17. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Who designed the EB 110 & when ?
    and what other cars were designed by whoever is that artist?

I'm really interested in these hyperexotic car designs as they are not easy to be fully understood and often underrated as plain ugly which is fascinating to me.

P.S. does someone have a pic of RED EB 110 ? please (photochops are welcome)

18. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Styling was originally (early early 90s) done by Marcello Gandini, but the car was judged too close to Diablo looks, so it was modified by a commitee at the Bugatti factory (with Benedini at head) to make it more Bugatti and less Lambo (especially the front).
    I personally love the styling and think it has not aged a bit, even after 15 years ...

There is one (and supposedly only) red EB110, and it's in the middle east. You can find a lousy pic on www.exoticspotter.com

Here a lousy PShop ... original pic by TT, from www.swisscarsightings.com
    http://img270.echo.cx/img270/7308/bugattieb1100025qt8dq.jpg

19. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    A brazilian guy in geneva used to drive one, the car was later bought by a guy a knew.
    It's an excellent design. If i'm not wrong, the guy who designed was an architect (maybe the one who made the factory). He took inspiration from a car called bugatti "Tank", some sort of streamlined pre war race-car.
    Engine and trans were custom built (maybe not cast on site, but then again, almost nobody does it), the chassis was aerospatiale built (kevlar and other exotic stuff).
    I remember there was a test drive of the EB110, the XJ220 and some other exotics (probably F50) in the german Sport Auto by M. Schumacher. He said though the Jag was faster in straight line, he loved too much the EB110, and buyed one afterwards.
    Private teams raced them (i guess in the states), but without much success...

Dauer is indeed german and just bought back the remaining cars at different stages of finish, and issued an upgraded version.
    I remember that the EB110SS lost on 0-60 against the McLaren F1 because one had to swap gears while the Mc Larens just reached 60 mph in 1st.
    But on the standing kilometer, they were even (just sub 20s.)
    Lastly the Edonis is derived from the EB110, but lost the AWD system, got some more grunt (...) and the body is Aluminium instead of Fiber.
    These cars had awesome performance, a stunning look, and like the McLaren a very tiny footprint, which s a very cool feature indeed.

20. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I'd say Photoshop. This is the first time I've ever heard of a convertible EB218, and I can locate 3 EB218 semi-prototypes ... so I suppose I'd have at least heard about it ...

21. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    It is a photoshop......made by some German car magazine some years ago, in an attempt at guessing what type of car Bugatti would present next!!! :)

22. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    The car in question (EB 110) was Italian built during the time the marque was Italian owned (Romano Artioli). How much more Italian do you want?