Need a new life's ambition... | FerrariChat

Need a new life's ambition...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by GrahamS, May 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    ...mainly because I achieved mine this month having acquired a shiny red 355 GTS, my first Ferrari.
    A big hello to everyone and thanks to Darren at Clackett Lane services who told me about this board.
    Is it morally correct to have more than one life's ambition and if so how can I possibly aspire to something that's better than this? Well I'm stuck for ideas

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Very cool, Graham. Welcome to Ferrari ownership and Fchat.

3. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Graham,

Welcome to Ferrarichat.

Congrats on the new car, and we hope to see you at a driveout soon. I notice that you are not far from me, so doubtless our path shall at some time cross. The Kent FOC are meeting up at the Lion this Thursday and most of us are Fchatters. PM me if you are interested.

My lifes ambition list is currently running at around 20, so either more than one ambition is fine, or I am morally bankrupt! You next ambition could be you second Ferrari.....

Regards

4. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    I've always thought that the next step up from having a F-car or similar is to have your own helicopter or plane.

Get saving!

5. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Am definitely going to the Lion this Thursday. Expect to see me there about 8, all nervous and not knowing who's who!

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    another from down south maybe tony blair will give computer grants for ferrari owners north of watford as not mant people seem to have them any comments STIG????????

7. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    I think it's the other way around - owning a plane is cheaper than owning an F-car.

Disclaimer: when I mean plane, I mean a small aircraft such as a little cessna or a piper. For helicopters, an R22 or something. Not a lear or a jetranger :)

8. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    it was on breakfast tv the other morning that london transport are selling of all the old doubledecker buses as they are red are they not a better option then i could take all the northen fchatters on a ride out as its the same 5 or 6 that turn up

9. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Steven

The reason that Ferraris are so badly represented up north is that there is not enough space for your whippet if you are carrying a passenger, and I believe the RSPCA have outlawed "whippet-racks" beacuse the poor things were getting a tad warm when positioned over the engine.

Granted, the reduced headroom does suit the flat-cap-style head adornment, but one can only shiver whilst contemplating the damage that can be inflicted on the delicate headlining of an exotic Italian thourougbred.

.......Oh, I love stereotyping.....bracing myself for impact......let the flames begin........

10. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    I must remember to tackle you about your Coronation Street fixation when I see you at the Lion on Thursday...bearing in mind that I am originally from Burnley:)

11. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am pleased to announce a contest to be held in the West Midlands on July 10th at 2-00pm.

Stig the Southern Dandy

V

Steve f the Yorkshire Mauler

Handbags to your own choice.
    All contributions to the Birmingham Children`s Hospital.

P.S, Welcome to Ferrari ownership and fchat.

Phil.

12. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    hey stig
    went to donnington the other monday foc track day they wouldnt let on the track with my flat cap and i couldnt have a dog pen [garage for the whippet]so next time i go i will take the prancing horse[pit pony] and let it crap in the pit lane cos i have just fitted a towbar on the fcar

13. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Steve, sorry, Mauler,

Can you get a kevlar and nomex, heat-resistant flat cap, because surely they would let you on track with that? LOL!

Actually, in my 308 there is just enough space to carry a couple of anaesthetised whippets. Maybe this will help....

Also, I hear that Tubi make an adapter to go on top of your sports exhast that is just right for keeping your black pud warm on your way down to Stanford Hall.

The Dandy.

14. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Surely the next step up from owning an F-car is to own 2 F-cars?