Carrera GT rules !!!!! | FerrariChat

Carrera GT rules !!!!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jrs, May 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    As much as I love Ferrari that is one truly magnificent car !!

Top man JC

2. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    It did indeed look great. I just wish that when they test these machines they'd tone down the damn music so we can hear what the thing actually sounds like.

3. mac355gts

mac355gts Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    London/Kent U.K
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Couldn't agree more, seems sacrilege, but it is more impressive than an Enzo for 2/3rds of the price.
    Something is wrong methinks.....

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    only 2 things wrong 1 1 colour they would sell alot more if there was a choice of colour
    2 water cooled porsche have not mastered this yet they have changed hundreds of 996 engines under warrenty

5. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    The noise of that thing was startling....not only does it cost less than an Enzo..but its a "proper" drives car..manual gearbox!!

jenzo

6. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    From model yr 05 they will do any colour you like and the CGTs engine is entirely unrelated the the 996s. I'm sure they have learned from their mistakes.

Sounds nice...

7. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Steve

This is a V10 engine and completely un-related to the flat six in the 996 cars.

James

8. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

I believe its the V10 race car designed engine and it sounded awesome :)

i would luve that car/////

9. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Get a CGT instead of a boat ;)

10. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    the interesting thing was that it was about 2.5 secs faster than the CS on the same track. We know the Enzo is 2 secs faster a lap around fiorano, so it would be a very close thing between the Enzo and CGT. I was also interested to see however that it was not an easy car to drive around the circuit and needed quite a few laps to get right. I wouldn't have expected that.

11. Diablo96

Diablo96 Guest

In my opinion, quite possibly the best sounding road car ever.....

12. ZYMOL348

ZYMOL348 Karting

May 1, 2004
    Minehead Somerset
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rea
  13. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    This is all ****in' nonsense - all Porsche's are rubbish. They are merely dollied up Volkswagen's. If they were any good surely the 512 Girl would have one?
    I feel quite certain that no Porsche has ever overtaken her Ferrari! All this notwithstanding, this site is purported to be a Ferrari Site. So do we really wish it to be permeated by the acrid stench of these German Fart Boxes? - Stop it at once!

14. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    This is all absolute bollocks - all Porsche's are rubbish

15. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I was almost sure that clarkson was going to say that in next weeks show they will have the.......Enzo, then he changed it to some crapy little car, i feel he was teasing.After all the Enzo is missing to complete the trio.

16. ZYMOL348

ZYMOL348 Karting

May 1, 2004
    Minehead Somerset
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rea
    512TEA Are I agree that Porkers are not quite as good as Ferraris but have you actually owned one to be able to stand by the statement you made

ZYMOL 348

17. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Anthony,

I am fairly new to this Ferrari Chat site. I noticed that you have a lovely yellow 348. Clearly you are a true enthusiast as the non enthusiast's usually go for the safe choice of Red. I, like you, find all this Porsche stuff on a Ferrari dedicated site to be all rather nefarious. For myself, and having yet to acquire a Ferrari, I am wondering if the people who seemingly find Porsche's so interesting do actually own a Ferrari. I have an old Mercedes and a P100 Pick Up. I am sixty eight and hope to get a Ferrari before I am seventy three. And yes, it will definitely be yellow!

18. ZYMOL348

ZYMOL348 Karting

May 1, 2004
    Minehead Somerset
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rea
    I dont believe you are the age you have stated but if so maybe a Roller might be more in line A Ferrari is a bit of a handfull even for us younger guys I am at the moment looking for a yellow 512tr or M if you ever see one advertised ?

ZYMOL 348

19. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Anthony,

I do have some one eighteenth scale models. And they all have the engine's in the back and I do not need to have owned one to understand about the Polar Moment of Inertia. This apart, they don't make much noise.

20. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Anthony,

I saw a fantastic yellow 512M for sale at Verdi. Also a good friend of mine sent me details of another yellow 512TR in America. I do have models of these as well as the Porsche's so I do know what I'm talking about.

21. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    The review surprised me and somehow made me appreciate the GT even more. Before the review I knew that the GT was good and maybe even faster than the Enzo on track but still I would probably not give it my money (if I had the chance to) This is because my overall perception of Porsche is that they are hugely capble cars which however platter theri drivers as they make it so easy to go fast. Clearly the GT does not fall into that category. It looks like Porsche just found a key ingredient for the true enthusiast who wants to have a "drivers car". Hats off to them, looks like a true classic !

22. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    at that age you could use SAGA INSURANCE please let us know how much they quote you do you use the p100 for buisness or pleasure

23. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    To - 512 Tea Are

Many members on this site will attest to the fact that I actually do own a 355 and have owned several Porsches. Somehow the crap that you are spewing not having owned either car somehow lacks any real credibility. Try adding value to the thread rather than just making ridiculous statements like "This is all absolute bollocks - all Porsche's are rubbish" and "the non enthusiast's usually go for the safe choice of Red".

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and embaressing yourself in front of real enthusiasts !!!!!

24. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    as i have owned many 911 928 944 924 the best driving car that porsche is a 944turbo faster than a 911 and very good on fuel porsche are a bit like ferrari losing the plot on the new models my opinion is the last proper reliable 911 made was the 1987 1989 3.2 carrera as the carerra 2 and 4 piss oil out everywhere after 70k the 993 is ugly and the 996 has loads of water problems which porsche seem to be keeping quiet even jerermy c doesnt seem to discuss this

25. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Had a look at this carrera gt at the motorshow,very impressive construction with the body removed,transverse g/box,push rod rocker suspension plenty ajustable,sounded good on top gear,ive found a p-car i like very much,

cheers
    Dale.