MTV to be at the Jersey Shore this summer - we should do a run down there | FerrariChat

MTV to be at the Jersey Shore this summer - we should do a run down there

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by alinaqvi, May 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alinaqvi

alinaqvi Karting
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2004
    Somerset, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ali
    MTV has rented a beachouse for the summer at the Jersey Shore - what are your thoughts on doing a drive down there. A lot of girls, I'll say that much.

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    More details. Where? What is going on? When/what are they filming? Etc., etc.

Additionally, I recall that MTV = young, college kids = dangerous around Ferrari's = be careful = be very careful

3. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Yeah they do this every year. I am not into the HUGE college crowd as they are usually just kids that want to get drunk but why not run down there anyway? hehe. I do not mind at all. They are only REALLY stupid at night anyway.

4. alinaqvi

alinaqvi Karting
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2004
    Somerset, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ali
    I'll get more details - I think they will be kicking off in June. Anyway, if a Viper and a few Red Ferraris show up, I can guarantee the cameras will be rolling on us.

5. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    OH YEAH! We grab ALL the attention. I hear those college girls are freaks. ;)
    I am just kidding, or am I? Haha

6. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Having lived through many MTV and Nickelodeon houses, I would not recommend doing this:

- While the network loves the idea of limited entry and crowds at their events, event staff is rarely equipped to handle crowds and things will get out of hand. I'd rather not have my car tied up in the middle of this.

- MTVN always works with local law enforcement. Always. (Want to know what it costs to "rent" an LAPD officer for the day?) If we piss off the staff, they will have the police remove us and write us tickets. I've seen it happen.

- The crowds at these events are not what you think they are. They are usually much younger than they appear on camera. (ok, maybe that's a good thing for old guys like ghost) :p

- No booze on set. Of any kind. None. Nope. Nothing.

- There are parents everywhere... and the parents are more likely to get drunk and take their tops off while waiting around at a local bar drinking tequila.

- The house is b o r i n g. There's more standing around and waiting than you know what to do with. There's no shade (one of the reasons they shoot outside at the beach is to cut production costs -- lights are expensive) so you'll cook.

I'll make some calls this week and see if there is any interest in having some Ferrari "set pieces" for a day of shooting -- or if we can go as visitors or something. If they know we're coming, expect us, etcc it could be fun.

I vote we do the Noah idea: Ferrari club night. Noah, care to elaborate?

7. alinaqvi

alinaqvi Karting
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2004
    Somerset, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ali
    I have tremendous respect for those who provide basis for their disagreement - and you have done that. If the phone calls work out, I say we do it. If not, I am interested in this Ferrari club night. Please tell me more.

8. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I'm not saying don't go -- I'm just saying you might want to leave the F-car home and don't be disappointed. ;-)

9. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    last year they were in the hamptons and it rained like half the time..

10. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    They do the Hamptons quite frequently. If anyone has the MTV Beach House DVD -- look closely at the summer of 1986. Anyone look familiar?

11. Dimitrios

Dimitrios Rookie

May 24, 2004

i photo lots of MTV events and yes there are lots of chicks. actually more girls than guys. i'll keep an eye out for you.

12. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Actually, pchop gets credit for this idea, but I'll gladly steal some...;)

Basically, we contact a club/bar/trendy-place-in-NYC owner and say the following: "You give me and my friends some VIP access, a nice table, a few bottles of alcohol, and security for our cars, and we'll park 8 - 10 Ferraris in front of your club/bar/trendy-place-in-NYC and you'll get tons of attention and people will think your place is the hottest thing since sliced bread."

Then, we go party and have a great time.

nlh

13. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Noah You the Man Dawg! dont forget to request hot half naked women for our tables! (write that one down ;) )

14. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    CREATIVE!! Kinda like last months club run in NYC. Thank Lupe for that one

15. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    MTV was at seaside a while back when i went as a senior in highschool. What a perfect place for them to go...a town overrun by drunk people ages 16-21. I really want to go back.

16. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I'm down for anything considering it doesn't interfere with work (right Emil?)...

17. lupe

lupe Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    i say lets do it whats the worst that could happen hook up with some mtv celeberties if not we move on to another hot spot on the shore i know a few see soon

18. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    They always have a beach house in Westhampton.

19. alinaqvi

alinaqvi Karting
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2004
    Somerset, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ali
    Then let's do it. If others are not interested, it is all good, two Ferraris are more than enough to attract the attention.

20. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I will take the Viper out with you guys. Sounds like fun.

21. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    My son is doing his summer internship at MTV and living in the NYU dorms on Lafayette st. What a F'in life! I will have to ask him if he can get any dirt on this happening. I will speak to him this weekend to see if he can investigate without getting fired, he wont want to lose this gig. I live near the shore so I would be happy to join in.

22. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    You should. All our runs are fun!

23. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Who is he interning for? What's his extension? I can send him a VIACOM care package...