Indy Grand Prix | FerrariChat

Indy Grand Prix

Discussion in 'F1' started by GreaseMonkey, May 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey Rookie

May 31, 2004
    Hey race fans out there,

Does any one know where the F1 teams are going to stay in Indianapolis? I mean do you know the name of the hotels?

Thank you for any info.

2. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    In for some stalking, are they?

3. bmiller411

bmiller411 Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bruce B Miller
    I understand that they do ot stay in Indy but fly in from Chicago every day.

For shure Bernie does. He does not like any of the hotels in Indy.

4. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    I beleive that is true for Bernie and some VIPs. But the the teams and drivers stay in scattered around in Indy.

5. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    While it might be great to know where the teams and drivers are staying at, take a look at it from there point of view.

Most of them when they leave the track there day is not finished. They still may have to work on qualifying or race day plans, Work out or just get some rest.

While it may seem like the easy way to get a autograph or perhaps a candid photo, don't count on it. More than likely they will be surrounded by body gaurds, dressed in common everyday street wear and more than likely entering or exiting the Hotel from a secret point.

When i raced pro motocross even though i was not a household name i hung around with the top stars of my day. We found it sometime to be a big hasstle to get into or out of our hotels rooms because of the fans.

Best of luck in your search.

6. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c

some stay at the brickyard crossing. i've seen what looks like support people there in the past.

7. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    The Canterbury is probably the best hotel in Indy. AAA 4 diamond rating including receiving the DiRona Award for there gourmet restaurant. I've seen Ron Dennis there and last year the Jag/Ford people were there including at GT40 parked in the front entrance. Your bound to see F1 types there.

Here is a link to the place, its connected to the shopping mall downtown.

http://www.canterburyhotel.com/

Phil

8. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    The catebury is where some of theme stay because it is smaller and you can duck out through the Mall or garage if you need to. I t is also a pretty good hotel ( I have staued there for the Indy 500 a couple of times).

That said, many of the teams (Ferrari and BMW for example) stay at the Westin, including some of the drivers. I have seen RB AND MX in the lobby.

of course, that was last year....

9. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    If i recall last year i did see a couple of the team engineers from Toyota eating at the Dennys near the airport on sunday morning so Toyota might be staying near the airport. Also a lot of the corner marshalls and a few of the Porsche cup teams were staying at the Motel 6 near the airport also.

If that might help

10. rsrx

rsrx Karting

Dec 11, 2003
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Alphonse
    When my wife and I were at the USGP last year we were walking around Downtown and went into the Westin looking for a Starbucks (which was closed) we met Alan McNish who was staying there and we talked to him for a while. We did notice that BMW and JAG were staying there and we took a wrong elevator and in the parking structure were Mini vans with FERRARI id's.

So I guess that members of the Ferrari crew were also staying at the Westin.

I do remember the Bernie stays in Chicago and flys in daily.