Is there a 355 turbo yet?? | FerrariChat

Is there a 355 turbo yet??

Discussion in '348/355' started by chaa, May 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Has any one heard of one for the 355, forget the 348 i have seen that, its the 355 i am interested in.Any links or imfo? I have been on Norwood but the does not list it (only 348).

2. http://www.fast-autos.net/koenig/koenigf355.html

Koenig is the only one I've heard of.

3. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    no ferrari badge on nose, no chrome horse and the ferrari name taped over on the airboxes.............why is that?

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  5. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    How did he get his 355 TT at the age of 21? Not to mention his other cars.

6. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Not to mention the pic of Rolands F40LM. I wonder if he authorized that?

Dave

7. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I think that Imola may have done a turbo 355, I saw in article about a 360 that Imola did and they had a little clip about the 355 that they did, I could be wrong though.

8. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Stock market.

Good guy I may add, he just organized a group buy of 3.64LS differentials for our E38s. (which I saddly couldn't afford at this time) :(

9. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    family money for most.

10. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    That makes a little more sense.

11. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    No it was the stock market. He was in HS during the tech rush and worked for a company at the time, cashed out right before the big bust, and now has his self made trustfund, an amazing set of cars, and soon to be cute Z.

12. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's almost always that way.
    Fact is that very very very rarely someone will be making few hundreds G's when barely being 20 years old all on their own.

There are always some young people who claim to be self-made, I have known few too, but it still comes down to family money.
    For example, your daddy toss you $20k to play stocks, you got lucky in late 90's and turned it to $200k, good for you, but without the 20k you can't make a penny. I know another kid who makes a mil a yr in commercial real estate, turned out to be that his dad's company gives him all the business.

It's never hard to make money when you have money. It is hard to make money from nothing.

13. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    So you meant his company gave him stock options for free, and he sold the shares before the bubble busted?

14. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Thats what I think, I dont remember exactly, it came up on the BMW boards as you can imagine a while back.

15. Thats what im talking about a Pozzi/Natrual 355B or 355 Spyder 6-speed twin turbo. Will give everything a run for its money maintain its gorgous looks.

16. yellownsx

yellownsx Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    I know the guy and a lot of his Bimmer friends he hangs with, we dont think he even have the Ferrari. The funny thing for the past two years when all the other Bimmer guys ask him to see his F355 he always makes these lame excuses that its in the shop or its in SF, LA, when we ask him to see a picture of his Turbo F355 his response was oh I dont have a digital camera.

Then I see this thread I just had to chime in!!!!
    :D

17. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Just wondering, how do the eismnans sound on his 7 series? I was thinking of getting a set for mine...

18. yellownsx

yellownsx Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    The Eismans sounds really deep, I think it would sound even better on a 750IL V12 though!!

19. tedzwedz

tedzwedz Rookie

May 15, 2004
    York & London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edward Towers
    Its simply beacause Koenig has always got into trouble from mercedes and ferrari for disturbing there stock models, they dont approve and have tried legal action many times, resulting in koenig having to sell al there modified cars like this with teh merc/ferrari badges eytc taped over tehn as soon as tehy give tehm to customer they take them off

clever eh?

THIS WAS WRIITEN ABOUT IN UK CAR MAGAZINES IN TYEH LATE 80'S I RECALL
    thats why if u lookk at a lot of pictures of koenig mercs tehre is a rather ugly KS badge in teh grille where teh pointed star should be on teh SEC

20. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Any manufactuer badges shown cost the company(being Koenig, in this case) a whole lot of money. So they just simple blank em out.

21. His profile says "Fly Yellow Koenig-Ferrari 355TT Spider (track car in storage)"
    I don't see a 355TT has being a good track car let alone a Spider.