OT: Real Estate in Surprise, AZ | FerrariChat

OT: Real Estate in Surprise, AZ

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by need4speed, May 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Hi Guys,

I was just wondering what your opinions are about Surprise, AZ as far as growth and real estate.

Thanks in advance,

Manny

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Well Suprise is definatly in a growth mode at this moment. While i dont live in Suprise i live in El mirage just next to Suprise.

the West Valley the houses and land values are much lower than the east valley. $ years ago i purchased my new house out here and it has jumped up 50% in value in those 4 years. A few things that are helping the values are shopping (Bell and Grand) has a target, home Depot, Wal-Mart super center, Lowes... Etc. Also Suprise has opened "Suprise Center" that includes a water part, library, spring training baseball stadium, Court house, and regiolan park with urban fishing. Also nearby Glendale has opened up ther new arena (Cyotes hockey, Concerts, Etc) and they are building the new Cardnals stadium. Other items near by Lots of golf courses, Lake pleasent 20 miles, Arrowhead Mall 7 miles, White Tank mountain park 5 miles, Peoria sports complex.

Down side.. Lots of overhead air traffic from Luke AFB Winter time driving can be hell due to all of the snowbirds driving slower than slow.

Perhaps the nicest part of living out here is that 10 mins you can be out of town and heading for some nice backroad drives on the weekend and it is less than 250 miles to Las Vegas.

Just how i see things around here

Rob

3. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    We almost had a house built in El Mirage... But the chick wouldn't sell then since she was leaving... She said to come back tomorrow... By then we bought this house in Mesa... We get Luke AFB F16's overhead A LOT, along with Apache's since Falcon Field and the Boeing plant are near by.

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    well i guess you could say that it is "check mate". since you have nearly the same issues.

Instead of snowbirds you have morman's

Instead of day laborers you have mullet wearing AJ inbreds :D

5. Desert Dude

Desert Dude Rookie

May 28, 2004
    My wife is a realtor and according to her the whole valley (including Surprize, AZ.) is booming. Houses are being sold as soon as they are built &/or put on the market. But, she can give you better answers than I.
    Susan Perlow West USA 602-820-8618

6. GT-Don

GT-Don Rookie

Feb 3, 2004
    Although I have been a lurker here for a few months, I couldn't help laugh at the description of the E/ Valley! Except we do have the day laborers and snowbirds....and the mormons!! And the AJ people ....well, yes you were correct. On another note, I am hoping to meet some of you soon, with the aquisition of a Ferrari or two. When this happens I will let you all know about them and they will be for sale.
    Don and Jenny

7. vinny

vinny Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    R.I.
    Full Name:
    Vincent Pitocco
    My brother and I just bought a house in Surprize Farms in March, since then it has increased 12k. We were'nt even looking to buy a house, We were in Arizona for the Barret Jackson Auction and met someone from back east who moved there and he turned us on to Surprize.We could'nt believe the prices compared to here in New England. The weather was also a factor in our decision. So needless to say, we put a DP on the house. It should be done by the end of the year, just in time to escape the winter.

So I'm thinking of setting up a paint shop out there just specializing in small damage repair and paint. What do you guys Think?

8. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Vinny,

With all of the dirt and gravel truck on the roads here you should be able to make a mint.

Beast

9. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I am a developer in Arizona...yeah the dreaded opportunist who covers up pristine desert so that we can have Walgreens and Subway and Nail salons. Anyway, Surprise is surprisingly active. It's on the western fringe of Metro Phoenix and it's claim to fame has been its proximity to Sun City and Youngstown, where people under 55 fear to tread.

Affordable housing, the 101 loop freeway and national retailers have changed all of that. It's still one of the most affordable parts of the metro area and is growing faster in percentage value terms than just about anywhere else. It's also on the main route to Las Vegas, and with Vegas booming a lot more Phoenicians are seeing surprise on their way to Sin City.

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    So your the one to blame for this :D

Just Kidding.

11. Noredline

Noredline Rookie

Jun 16, 2004
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Dave McNichol
    Hi all! I am in Real Estate sales (new homes) and I must agree, the Surprise/El Mirage area is booming, much like the rest of the valley. We have a couple of communities out there right now, and cant build the home as fast as we are selling. My .02