Poor sod... | FerrariChat

Poor sod...

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by millemiglia, Jun 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    On my (extended) lunchbrake I visited my local Ferrari dealer and among all the F-cars and Maser's there were a Porsche 924 Carrera GT, a limited special Porsche did in 400 examples.
    This one had been garaged for *12 years*, can you believe it!
    The owner must have bought it as an investment and thought it would rise in value instead of depreciate as it has.
    I Wonder how many cars have been bought initially as an investment only to later fall in price?

// Peter

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    From what I have been told, probably the worst example of this are F40s. They came out during the late 80s boom period and way too many greater fools brought them with the idea of making money. Apparently, there are still numerous F40s sitting in storage lockers with little more than delivery miles on them. I guess the owners are still hoping that pigs will fly someday.

Take care, DrTax

3. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Asking price for F40s here in Germany is between 250 and 300 k EUR. They recently sold two in an auction in Munich - AFAIK for 165 k and 185 k.

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    One would have to be a genuine numbnut to think that a 924 ANYTHING would ever be considered a collector's item.