Did Lambo copy Ferrari with the Gallardo | FerrariChat

Did Lambo copy Ferrari with the Gallardo

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by superyota, Jun 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    The more and more I look at the Gallardo I feel that Lambo copied many of the design features of the 360. From the front intake scoops to the engine layout and airboxes...They even offer the glass over the engine compartment as an option. Maybe its just me...what do you guys think?

2. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    No, they wanted their own identity and it would be a great mistake if they had. There's no mistaking the Gallardo for the 360 and vice versa.

3. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    well i dont know about lambo copying ferrari but the 360m looks an awful lot like the mclaren f1 particularly at the front end, so i guess either everyone is ripping everybody else off, or more likely the optimum aerodynamics result in similar looks.

4. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

They even offer the glass over the engine compartment as an option.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they copied. Most automobiles nowadays have similar looking front airdam openings, such as the 911 Turbo, M3, Murci etc...
    I think it is just a design fad like any other design and I think that aerodynaimics must have alot to do with it, so therefore wouldn't exactly call it copying. Maybe just following the design/aerodynamics trend.
    The Gallardo and the 360 have their own distinct looks, in my opinion.

But I didn't know that lamborghini offered a glass decklid option for the Gallardo. I thought it was an aftermarket offering. I have seen the Murci, Testarossa, NSX, etc.. w/this feature also.

5. pozzi

pozzi Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 28, 2004
    Brasil
    Full Name:
    Fabio Pozzi
    they all copy Henry Ford.....

6. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Def. aerodynamics/optimal cooling, youll note that the Lotus elise also shares a lot of the high up front fenders, with the tail kicking up, and a lowering door line...theyre all the same guys;)

7. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Lambo didn't copy the 360 but they did modernize the TR design that Ferrari abandon in the early 90's.

8. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Nice pic Mark!!Never really looked at it that way,but its there.

9. silverf1modena

Totally agree!^_^

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Holy ****...!

11. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Hey,after those pics,maybe some will realize the G car looks dam nice.The TR's have always been my favs,as far as the look,and alot in common with the G car,it appears.

12. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I AGREE!!!!

I think that Lotus cpied the Gallardo major w/ the 06' Espirit. I dont have any pictures, but do a search or someone post them and you will see....

13. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    I saw the pics last week.I thought the same thing.Here they are,2006 Lotus Esprit.

14. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    First time I saw a Gallardo it was parked next to a white TR
    The Lambo just looked like a smaller more modern car of the same dimensions. (hard to see in photos but I tried it from a few angles)

First pic.... the dark blue car was Ferrari's TR replacement that got canned for the 550 line.

We did a lot of photos on this topic last year.

15. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I think that the Gallardo stays true to the Lamborghini look. It is more like its big brother than any Ferrari.

Ciao

16. silverf1modena

Yea, the Tr and Gallardo are somewhat similar in certain aspects but what differentiates them the most is the lambo has the traditional extreme cabforward look of most lambos in the past in which the TR's don't.(just my opinion^_^).

Hey that Lotus' headlights and front end look similar to the Cougar O_O. But, I do got to agree the overall shape is very similar to that of the Gallardo.

17. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Thank you!!! That was exactly what I thought when I saw the car in Autoweek for the first time. I am glad someone else thinks that its lines resembles the TRs as I did.

18. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Does the Gallardo also have a trunk in the front? I mean, a real trunk that can actually hold a few pieces of overnight bags?

19. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    yes