DRIVING TO INDY FROM THE SOUTH? | FerrariChat

DRIVING TO INDY FROM THE SOUTH?

Discussion in 'F1' started by SMS, Jun 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I was just wondering if anyone was driving their Ferrari to the USGP and was planning to be driving up I-65, as if from or thru Louisville.
    If so, and you're not familiar with the area, I'd like to give you a little Hoosier hospitality tip to break the boring interstate drive.

If you get off the interstate at exit #50 (which is coinidently also Hwy 50) at Seymour, and head wast for 15 minutes or so, you will hit State Road #135 North on the west side of Brownstown. Turning north on 135 will head you in to the most wonderful Ferrari driving roads around for about a 30-40 minute romp. As you near the town of Nashville, you have the opportunity to take Hwy 46 back out to the interstate and hustle on up to Indy, or stop off in Nashville for a break. It's a trendy little walking town that the ladies love, but caution, lots of shops! (You might be able to score some points here however with your significant other leading into a race weekend.)
    BTW, 135 runs north from Nashville thru some more great turns and scenery, but it gets slow and crowded as you near the big town.

This little detour, without the Nashville diversion will add about an hour or so to your trip, but it is definately quality driving time on roads where you can emulate Mr. Schumacher, and will help to break up a long interstate run.

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    thanks for the FYI. I might just have to open up the old rent a car on the way back to Louisville on Monday ;).... How are the cops out on that streach of road???

Beast

3. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I can just note that most of the fun roads are in Brown County, which has maybe two officers, one of who will be directing traffic in Nashville, leaving one to cover the whole county's issues. I've maybe has 10 squad cars pass my house on 135 in the past 10 years. No guarantees though!

4. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Bumping thread as time is near.