Stradale stripe on a regular 360 Modena | FerrariChat

Stradale stripe on a regular 360 Modena

Discussion in '360/430' started by Hubert888, Jun 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Has anyone painted a Stradale stripe on their 360 Modena? just wondering...

if someone has, what did it cost you. I love the stripe!

2. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    I would figure around what Ferrari charges, $3500.
    Hubert, that means you then have to get the BBS rims, front spoiler,
    rear deck, and the little horsey on the gas cap lid. =)

3. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

Just find someone with a Stradale and get them to order the stripe from parts... IT'S A STICKER!!!!

4. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Diablo, it is not a sticker it is painted on from the factory and it is a $5500 option. Hubert, i just saw one done with the sticker on a stradale at FLI and it looks realy good. let me know if you are interested and i will find out who did it for them.

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    They would have to repaint the entire car to have it like a Stradale. So, that would be really expensive.

Here's that 575 with the stripe.

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    so u are saying that there is also a sticker that u can buy as a stradale stripe? hmmm....

if its not too expensive, i would add the sticker on my 360M. could u find out who did it so i can call them about prices? i dont feel like repainting the entire car just to get a stripe....too expensive.

7. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

nah....

8. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    The Stradale's stripe is painted flush with the base color, not on top of it. Then the whole surface gets clear-coated. That's one reason it costs so much.

9. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    not for me

10. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I saw a red 360 Challenge car with a Stradale stripe on the car. It was NOT paint, it was a graphic. It looked great. I asked him how much it cost and I think I remember him saying it was around $350. The colors were correct also. If you are going to do it, it also has the advantage of much less $$ and also being able to remove it if you wanted.
    A real consideration!

11. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Hubert,

just sent you a pm.

12. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    How funny I too was thinking about painting the stripe on my black 360. i looked into the paint job and my friend who does amazing paint jobs quoted me 2g's . he said all you have to do is wet sand the top of the car and rear quarters then paint the stripe and clear over the whole top of the car you do not have to paint the whole car to do this anyway i am going to do the vinal sticker first and decide if thats what I really want then paint it because there is nothing like seeing it painted so it shines like the rest of the car. the sticker can look a little dull.

13. GOB

GOB Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Panama
    Full Name:
    Gus
    According the a dealer I spoke with, he mentioned that the stripe on the Stradale can be done in one of two ways from factory. One way is via the sticker, another, via paint. Each has a different price, and apparently the most common version is the sticker, that way when resale time comes around and the potential new owner does not like the stripe, it can be easily taken care of. Again, this from a Ferrari salesman, not from personnal experience.

14. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Dont be so sure abt the decal's easy removal GOB... usually the adhesive lifts the clearcoat over a period of time and afterwards you will see a ghost image of the shape of the decal once removed.

15. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

Okay,

Have you guys ever really looked at the stripe???
    Those of you that say it's painted.... Ask for the paint code for each color!!!

Look at the edges of the front and rear trunk panel, the sticker is clear as day. They(Ferrari) have placed the sticker on the car and have clearcoated it on. Thus looks like it is painted.

They add lots of clear, thus does not have an edge.

To get a stripe.... You will need to be a Stardale owner(with a stipe), have the body shop call FNA and get a replacement due to damage.

Even the parts guys said it was painted until I showed them it was a sticker under the clear......

16. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    so they are just lying to their customers when they state unequivicolly that it is NOT a sticker but rather paint?

17. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

YES!

Most salespeople think that it is paint, until people show it to them.

18. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    WHOA...! Maybe i can get a Stradale stripe sticker on my Sebring...! AWESOME...!

19. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hubert,

I would think the better option is to get stick-on strips.
    It is cheap, it is reversable. Most of tuning/accessory store can do it. Just like the spec-Miata strips, it is easy.

20. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

Like I said before, You will need a Stradale owner to order it....

21. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Hubert,

How long have we known eachother? ;) We trust eachother right? Please do not put the strip on. It will take away from the car man and plus they do not look to amazing. Although if you insist you can get the "sticker" version which I know many people have done of their Vipers for stripes. There are a few companies that specialize in making stripes for cars like Vipers and Ferraris.

22. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    The salesman is talking total twaddle - the CS stripe is painted, it's the only option.

If you haven't seen, and touched it and don't know better could you stop guessing

23. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    "Just like the spec-Miata strips, it is easy"
    Your really gonna put cheap stick on strips on your beautiful 360!!??
    Here's something just for you....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6324&item=2480357985&rd=1

24. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    well then if that's the case then i guess i will have a law suit going with FNA.

25. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    #25 Buttuz4eva, Jun 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017