F-1 Boredom | FerrariChat

F-1 Boredom

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Bob Parks, Jun 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Ain't got nothing against Ferrari. Don't like M Schumacher much and I'm wondering if anybody else out there is getting bored with the same ol' same ol' F-1 every race with a red car out there somewhere ahead of everybody else and a bunch of guys having their own getogether a half lap back.
    I'd like to see some competition in this thing instead of Ferrari making endless test runs every race. I don't watch it with much enthusiasm anymore when its like taping the first race and running it over and over.
    Did I ruffle some feathers ?

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Monaco was a fun watch. Lots of street fighting, drama etc.............racing!
    As long as were at it, I think watching golf was more fun than watching the Indy 500 this year.

3. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I don't think it's been that boring this year. The antics behind the red cars are what's making the racing interesting.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I thought the last two races had quite a bit of action, and enjoyed watching them. Forza Ferrari!

5. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Okay, the last two races did have some excitment but still no competition and still predictable for the most part.

6. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Ferrari is obviously doing a helluva good job AND with a helluvalot of money. I want to see somebody challenge them on an even playing field. Remember that RED BOAT in the hydros ? Boring and a sport killer.

7. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    What INDY 500 ?

8. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I love Formula One, the best of the best. Especially when seeing two red Ferrari F-1 greeted by the fan at the finished line. Nothing more exciting than that feeling. Forza Ferrari, proud to own such a high end marquee. Simply the best

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    The other top teams have a pretty healthy budget too. Toyota, a relatively new mid-pack runner, is supposed to be extremely well funded too. Ferrari's having their way now. Might not last in one or two years.

10. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    To each their own.

Go Ferrari (is it 2 or 3 pit stops), down Montoya (love to see his attitude, it's more entertaining than heck), too bad Maclaren (always wonder if they will blow an engine)...

You want boring, go watch Nascar

11. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Don't forget Sato. He blows up real good! :)

But seriously, I wonder why Sato's car work like a time bomb and Button's car seemed to be pretty reliable and fast?

12. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    No argument there. Jes don't let Bubba hear you all tawkin lack that !

13. Oblio

Oblio Karting

May 9, 2004
    Puget Sound, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd R
    Most of the F1 experience is not the race. I find that following all of the news, roumors, controversy, technology developments, rule changes, etc. are what it takes to get the experience. Today's information is so much better than 25 yrs ago when all we Americans would get is 2 or 3 televised races on Wide World of Sports and 1 or 2 pages in Road and Track. Now we get daily update on the internet, industry focused magazines, every race televised live including qualifying and track sessions. Lastly, being fortunate to own a Ferrari gives another link to the experience. (although a 308 is not an F1 by anymeans, but it does have the pedigree).

So to truly appreciate the sport, utilize more of the available information and the race becomes an element of the whole experience and more exciting as a result.

14. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I couldn't agree with you more. Well said.

15. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    It may be an element of the whole experience but it still isn't a race....a competitive race, its a runaway.

16. 899sei

899sei Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Bothell
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I remember the RED BOAT! This is the last year for Bud though. It's kinda ironic that both the top F-1 and top hydro are RED! I do feel sorry for the Beemer guys in F-1 though.

17. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I would be pretty fed up with the whole thing if my engine blew up on every race like Kimi's. Man!