Anyone have a picture of the MP4-19B? | FerrariChat

Anyone have a picture of the MP4-19B?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Tifoso1, Jun 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    The car ran at Silverstone today with KR at the helm. According to literture, the car is much improved and has dramatically new aero/body works. So if someone has a picture of it, please post. Thank you.

2. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    I don't have pictures but I do have something to say. Who cares if they have new aero/body works. As long as their engine keeps failing they will never finish a race. They have said there is no change to the engine. Aero/body works will make the car quick not reliable.

3. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    My understanding is that except for the tub itself, the chassis of the MP4-19B has been modified and changed as well. And keep in mind, there are more than one reason for engine failure. An engine can fail due to excessive stress/strain cause by the inbalanced/flex of the chassis (remember that in the modern day F1, the engine is now consider as part of the chassis) or it could have been location of the oil reservor/dry sump pump related as the F-92A's. Or it could even be insufficient cooling due to improper aero/body works, these are just two quick examples as there are many others. My point is, the whole car works as one unit, the same way just by bolting a Ferrari engine on a Sauber or a Minardi doesn't mean that they are going to be fighting for the WCC all of the sudden. I would not make the mistake of writing off McLaren and Williams so quickly, these are very capable teams with plenty of resources at their disposal. Before the 2004 season started, a lot of people had written off BAR and look at where they are now? They have leap frog McLaren, Williams, and perhaps even Renault. The season is only a third over, and with the current point system, the only thing that is constant in F1, is the Wind of Change.

Just found this, for those that are interested: http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/large/25419_19b.jpg

4. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Don't put too much money on McLaren's new Formula One car.

David Coulthard, who - like team-mate Kimi Raikkonen - pulled out of Sunday's race with a smoking car, reckons the 'B spec' racer should be an 'improvement.'

It got a 'positive' debut at Silverstone by Raikkonen, 24, on Tuesday.

But no matter how quick it goes, the fortunes of Woking's McLaren - enduring its worst start to a season in two decades - continues to also depend on Mercedes.

"Unfortunately we've [still] got the same engine," David Coulthard said.

Source GMM / CAPSIS International

5. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    In all it looks as if they have raised the nose up a little bit away from the front wing element. sculpted the front wing a bit more and made the body work tighter behind the engine allowing more airflow to the rear wing area.

6. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    From what I read so far, the rear end is where most of the modifications are made. It is suppose to be somewhat of an hybrid between the Renault and the Ferrari. You can't just make body changes like that without changing the chassis as well, so far the car is an improvement, according to the McLaren drivers. It would be interesting to see how much and what happens from here on.

7. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    While they have made some changes if you look the conditions were not exactly optimum. also if Merc does not figure out the fragile nature of the engine all the improved chassis will allow is the car to blow up closer to the front.

8. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    What Ferrari is an MP4, OOOOOOOOOPS sorry

9. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name: