Cost for re-painting | FerrariChat

Cost for re-painting

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by btemplin, Jun 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. btemplin

btemplin Rookie

Dec 17, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Templin
    What would be the approximate cost for having a 328 re-painted? It would stay it's original color...Rossa Corsa. I wouldn't necessarily have to have it done by a Ferrari dealer, but certainly at a quality shop.
    Thanks,
    Brian

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I got pricing recently for a re-paint on my 246 Dino. Low end was $7K+, high end was $11K+, although I'm sure I could have looked around and found shops that would charge me more.

The $7K was approximate, based on my stripping as much stuff off the car as possible. Door panels, chrome bumpers, anything that was not welded into place, but not windows, etc. They would do that. I would supply all new seals, they install them, etc.

The $11K was a drop it off, pick it up price. All prices were from good shops where they had done a Dino or two before and plenty of high end car work.

Obviously, these cars are not candidates for a Maaco style re-spray.