Questions on F355 from Asia.. | FerrariChat

Questions on F355 from Asia..

Discussion in '348/355' started by ErdemO, Jun 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ErdemO

ErdemO Rookie

Apr 16, 2004
    Vienna, VA
    Full Name:
    Erdem
    I came across this 98 F355 GTS F1 that appeared on Ebay briefly a couple of times. I emailed the seller and he said that the car is located in Asia. Now, normally, this is a big red flag to keep away from the car. And I certainly will not be sending any money whatsoever to Asia as a deposit or anything. Although, I have asked the seller to possibly bring the car back here in the US first and I would then immediately buy it from him as well as reimburse him for all the shipping and customs fees. I am still awaiting his response. If he says no, it is over for me.

But in the meantime, I do have the VIN for the car and it seems to be a US spec car. That is what the seller is claiming too. Would anyone be able to check the Carfax on this VIN for me to see if there is any record on it here in the US? Does the 8th character being A always mean that it is a US car?

ZFFXR42A2W0111425

Also, does anyone know approximately how much it would cost me to get this car here if there is no conversion work needed? Shipping and customs fees that is..

Thanks in advance to all that reply..

Erdem.

2. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    you can check carfax your self costs about $5.00 you can also check out over info as well on the internet.