Green Ferrari Availability? | FerrariChat

Green Ferrari Availability?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FerrariEnzo, Jun 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariEnzo

FerrariEnzo Karting

May 16, 2004
    Shaker Heights
    Full Name:
    Holden
    Hey all, I have a few questions that might seem odd. I am 29 years old and am at last financialy able to purchase my first Ferrari. (or two if all goes well) What I have been unable to find is a Ferrari (360, 550, 575, 612) in the color I am seeking. I am looking for a metalic "granny-smith" green. Im not very intrested in the dark/hunter green that is sometimes seen around and I certainly dont want a highlighter color. In addition, I have heard and seen (on this and other forums) that the Modena and Maranello are to be replaced in the next year or two. If this is the case then I would rather order my own as opposed to buying used. Does anyone know the colors offered by Ferrari or a link through which I could view them? Lastly would these replacements most likely be in the 150-$325k range? Anymore than that might be a stretch at this point and I want to be able to take emaculate care of it. Thank you very much for reading this as I am sure you have many first time buyers approach you with the same tedious questions.
    -Holden

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    As for the replacement, it seems that the 360 replacement will be out before the 575 replacement. If you place an order now (it seems some dealers may not even be taking orders yet) chances are you will have to wait 2 or more years for your car.

As for price, yes, the 575 replacement and 360 replacement will fit in that price range.

As for the color, I'm afraid Ferrari does not make any color that looks like a green apple. However, if you order you own, one dealer on Ferrarichat says that you could have Ferrari custom paint it for you, at cost of course: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=67301144&postcount=8

3. FerrariEnzo

FerrariEnzo Karting

May 16, 2004
    Shaker Heights
    Full Name:
    Holden
    Thank you very much for the information. Its a bit relieving to see the wait isnt too long. Two years inst so bad for what you get.

In addition if Maranello will paint the car to my liking for around the 6k mark that seems like the route to go. I dont want some other independent none-Ferrari company botching up the paint scheme.

However, if anyone happens to see a newer model Ferrari (355 plus) in a nice shade of Green please give me a heads up.

Thanks again zjpj! -Holden

4. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I have never really seen a green Ferrari that was painted by the factory, I think the Sultun had a greenish 456 Estate, but Ferrari custom makes models for him so im not sure....

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    no problem. If you are set on that shade of green and don't mind waiting, I would find a dealer that will take your downpayment on Ferrari's next model and try not to let the anticipation overwhelm you :)

6. FerrariEnzo

FerrariEnzo Karting

May 16, 2004
    Shaker Heights
    Full Name:
    Holden
    Seeing as Im this excited already and havent done much of anything I cant imagine the level of anticipation to come! -Holden

7. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    There's a guy in NY selling a green 95 355GTS... I shot him an email via the classified ad he posted but never got a response. I think it's a bit darker than what you're looking for though. Believe this is the car (NNO took this pic at a shop in NY...)

-R

8. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    That green 355 doesnt look that bad, I could never really picture a F-car in green that really looked good, but this one makes me think different.

9. ferrarilover76

Jul 7, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Try Verde Germolgio, sort of Apple Green, or even BP Green like David Piper's Cars.

10. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    For an extra charge, if you come up with a paint chip and a swatch of leather, Ferrari will match any crazy combination you want. There are two exceptions to that, red and yellow. They reserve that part of the spectrum for them. Be advised however you may be ordering a car you will own for life.

11. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Hmm interesting thread....Incidently the 95' 355 is the only year and model that the Verde Mugello color was ever used on, (fun facts to know and tell). :)

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I love this Teal green :)

13. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Holden, you can order your new 430 in any colour you want. Apple green is not on the Ferrari colour chart but should be available as an 'off-colour' option but you have to pay some USD5,000 extra.

14. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    clinkers or granny smith, sir?

15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Like one of these? These are flat colors though, not metallic.

16. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Theres a metallic Green 348ts floating about in Austin, but I do not know the owner so I have no way of learning the name/number of the paint. It does look damn fine, though.

17. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #18 tonyh, Jul 31, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Here's a metallic green apple...

19. FerrariEnzo

FerrariEnzo Karting

May 16, 2004
    Shaker Heights
    Full Name:
    Holden
    If only that was real.

20. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    to each his own choice, not sure i could live with the green color tho.

21. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    There are a few Challenge cars that are Chartruese. Martin just sold one of the 355s, I am pretty sure that the other 355 was parted out, however there is still a chartruese 360 Challenge lurking around.

Scottie

22. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    #23 TheCarcierge, Aug 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017