Supercharged Badge | FerrariChat

Supercharged Badge

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by venusone, Jun 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    #1 venusone, Jun 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What do you think about this Miata script in chrome on the fenders behind the front wheels for my Jackson Racing supercharged Miata? Does Ferrari have a "supercharged" car? Or only "turbocharged"? Is there an emblem?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Looks good. Very reminiscent of the Miata badge.

3. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    Looks like a kindergartener got ahold of a calligraphy crayon(if such a thing exists).

I have a decent looking "Turbocharged" emblem that I never got around to using. I may be able to get you a pic if you're interested. It's not F-car related though.

-DC

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Some of the early F1 Ferraris were supercharged but in those days I don't think they were too worried with the logos.

Have you tried Black Bart's Emporium of all things chrome??? I ran across his catalog recently and he has all Italian marques. HTH

He may be able to help with a fabricator. I've gotten really nice NART badges from him.

5. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Some Italian domestic 2.0 208s were factory turbocharged, but I don't know if there was ever a corresponding logo, either on the car or in the manuals. But you could start looking there.

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    #6 Auraraptor, Jun 4, 2004
  7. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Marc, refered by a FC member, at Emblem Art is currently crafting my supercharged emblem in chrome.
    I will take a look at "Black Barts Emporium". Thanks Speedy.

8. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    The brush script was unique Miata from the beginning. don't get me started on the Mazda sun w/in a flame logos from the early 90s.
    My car is supercharged however but would love to see your Ferrari turbo badge.

9. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I think you did a great job of making the Supercharged logo look Miata-like.

10. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I’ve gone back and forth more times than I can count on whether or not to add a supercharged logo to my QV...so far I haven't...I like the surprised look on my victims faces too much I guess :)

How much boost does the kit give you on the miata?

11. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Doesn't look bad at all, but I think a Kompressor badge from a Mercedes would look pretty nifty on an MX5 :)

12. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    #12 venusone, Jun 5, 2004
    JR says it adds 40% more HP. My Miata stock is 130 (I weigh aprx 2300lbs). I also did the JR exhaust to eek out another pony or 2. The boost guage on the side pillar looks way serious as does the lit digital air/fuel meter. JR 3 pt strut t brace & sways make a huge difference in cornering ride. I was hoping RSpeed (SC intaller) would do a free dyno but not.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Fascinating thread:)
    But shouldn't it be on "miatachat" or at best, "Off Topic"

14. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I'd still like to see a Ferrari "supercharged" badge if available. That is on topic, I think. Pollo Rampante got you going?

15. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Kit looks like a nice kit. Eaton MP45 supercharger? 40%, so about 5 or 6 psi on you r boost gage? Do you know, did they change the fuel injectors or are they messing with the fuel pressure to set the mixture? Also, since they were kind enough to set it up with a hose connecting the supercharger to the intake, it would be a pretty simple matter to add an intercooler it you ever want to try to wring more out of it….or just enjoy it. I’m also messing with mine, I just can’t seem to leave well enough alone.

Here’s some additional ferrari content. Here's my car when I had an eaton MP90 on it, was getting 10 psi out of it and 304 rwhp, so about a 55% gain. The new setup is a lysholm (whipple) AX2300 with a watere/air intercooler at 22 psi....I've bee strugling with some fuel injection problems, but I think it is fixed now...The ECU I was using just didn't have quite enough power to run the monster fuel injectors, a bigger better faster ECU seems to have fixed it. I had it out last night..scary :)

16. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Yes, its an Eaton MP45. I chose the low maintenance package w/ just the basics, inc adj timing box. The upgrade w/ intercooler & dual pullys, etc I skipped in favor of reliability since there is no one in my town to work on it. Your enginework looks nice & clean. I can’t help myself either. It’s a mental illness. Love to see a photo of your exterior.

17. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Here you go...

18. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
  19. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran