Front/rear suspension 246 GTS Dino | FerrariChat

Front/rear suspension 246 GTS Dino

Discussion in '206/246' started by champtc, Jun 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. champtc

champtc Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    I am rebuilding the front & rear end of my '74 Dino 246 GTS. I am doing a corner at a time & right now I have the right front corner off. The car has 27,000 origianl miles but even so this was very tough to take off. I ended up using a cut-off tool to cut the bushings off in some spots. However, I am curious if anyone has pics of a properly painted & reassembled suspension. The new Forza has an article on a 308 gt4 which shows a rebuilt & painted suspension & I am wondering if the Dino was painted the same? Thanks , Champ

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Just to get the ball rolling to answer your question, I remember seeing a three part article in Supercar Classics about restoring a Dino at Moto Technique in England. I don't know if they were using 100% original methods, but the text says:

"The suspension rebuild is actually a fairly quick job once everything necessary has been assembled, but here the final stages were held up for want of a set of dust covers. Most suspension parts had proved viable on stripdown...they were resprayed, the springs and wishbones were coated in black nylon and brake calipers cadmium coated."