Race and DE openings - Laguna & Sears | FerrariChat

Race and DE openings - Laguna & Sears

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by tracknut, May 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tracknut

tracknut Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Folsom, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave Mills
  2. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    #2 4i2fly, Jun 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    What a nice shot, Matt! Hope the conditions are as good on Monday. Did you take any lap times?

Gary

4. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    My best lap time was at 1:58:34. I was hitting 1:58's pretty consistantly which is about a 2s better than my time from last time. I am still trying to learn the circuit. There was a Challenge car with a race car driver hitting 1:40s. I'd be happy if I can hit low 1:50s.

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Wow, looks like you had a great time, Matt! Glad to see the orange monster out in full force!

Wish I could've made it to this one... Im anxious about being a close-to-zero-track-experience idiot @ sears. Never put the 550 on track...would like to do it in a harmless environment like T'Hill, where I know things are safe :D.

--Dan

6. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    #6 4i2fly, Jun 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dan,

Sears is very intimidating; I did not want to go there w/o instructions. FoSF had a group event last week that was fantastic for guys like us who shy away from Sears. I recommend taking their high performance course at Sears; you'd be surprised how much you would learn in your own car. You would have enjoyed the venue.

There is a July 2nd T'Hill with Trackmasters and Ferrari club that could be a good one to go to. T'Hill is also a great track with lots of fun, high speed and easy on the breaks with plenty of run offs.

Matt
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Matt,

Wholly concur. I need to sign up for FCA... I've been in the kitty litter @ T'Hill before with my old M5 (E39). Was a fun track, though. A great friend and driver was my instructor...luckily he didn't see my little off-roading expedition! :D

--Dan