M5 Value | FerrariChat

M5 Value

Discussion in 'Other German' started by PCH, Jun 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    I am looking for a daily driver and came across a very nice '02 Silver/Blk M5. It has all available options, NAV, M Stereo, extended embossed solid color leather, sport interior/aluminum trim, sunshades. The body and interior is immaculate. One local owner and the carfax is clear. The kicker....55K miles and out of warranty. The car is being offered at 50K. However, the dealers and brokers I have spoken with value it at approx. 40K retail. Would appreciate any comments from experienced M owners with regard to ownership and real value vs. asking prices. And yes, I will definately have a PPI done if I move forward on the car.

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    At that price, I do not see why it does not come with BMW's extended pre-owned warrenty.

3. Wildwarrior

Wildwarrior Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2003
    PA
    Full Name:
    Glen Winters
    I would look for a lower mile car , $50,000 sounds very high to me,they are great cars and make a wonderfull daily driver,I wish I hadn't sold mine.Auto Trader .Com generally has a ton of them all over the country.I only had 14000 miles on my 2000 when I sold her to a gentlemen in LA for $49,000 in feb of 03,just to many on the market.As far as options go the alum trim is less money and in my opinion not near as classy as the wood, and sun shades are also standard equipment.Hope this helps, you will love the M5 she is German engineering at its finest.

4. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    $50k is high. I've seen them on dealer lots with similar or less miles on them in the $40k's. Haven't owned one - but I sure love to window shop :)

5. Paul Vincent

Paul Vincent Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2004
    No warranty = no purchase IMHO.

6. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    I agree. However, I still haven't seen a '02 for under 50K anywhere.

7. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    The factory warranty is 50K or 4yrs. And yes, you can buy an extended warranty if purchasing the car through an authorized dealer.

8. Wildwarrior

Wildwarrior Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2003
    PA
    Full Name:
    Glen Winters

I just looked up all 04 M5 dealer auction sales, the 02s are still holding their own.Average price was $53,000 with ave miles at 20,000.The 40,000 mile and up cars are in the mid $40,000 range.So you shouldn't see any quality 02 M5s for under 50K,I was quite supprised!