Having no A/C in north Texas SUCKS!!! | FerrariChat

Having no A/C in north Texas SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WJHMH, Jun 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Damn its 90 degrees in here as I type this. 2 days ago there was an evil storm that blew through north Texas, over 300,000 in the DFW are without power. I was lucky & had no power for about 10 hrs. When the power came back on early yesterday morning & when that happened it blew out the apartment complex A/C unit compressor. The thing is DOA every other week & really needs the whole unit replaced but it not gonna happen! The scary thing was I heard the thing blow up. When I heard that sound I knew it was going to be a real sh!tty day . All the residents have been advised that due to the age of the A/C unit the compressor will not be here until Saturday or Monday. Its just God awful when I come home in the evening. I thought I could stand this heat but this really sucks damnit.:mad:

2. DallasGuy

DallasGuy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2002
    Frisco TX
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Hey Will, I feel your pain buddy. I just got off the phone with my electric company and they are shooting for Monday to have my power back on. I think I will be bald by the time I stop pulling my hair out.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Suggest portable generator, standard coastal storm procedure.

And tell the gf to get out the thin light weight items. HTH :)

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Bald isn't so bad...

Might I suggest Motel 6? Better yet, go to Wal Mart and buy one of those portable AC unit that you wheel from room to room. When you don't need it any more, take it back! :D

5. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I went to Sams club last night to look at those portable units but at $499.99 forget it. I just going to get the cheaper window unit to ghettofy my place but they were all sold out. Apparently I'm not the only person having this problem.

6. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Will, make a trip down to Austin this weekend to get away. It's cheaper than $499. Only gas to and from. And nope, I'm not kidding; legitimate offer to come hang down South.

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Your car has AC, yes? Even at today's gas prices, it would be cheaper to leave the car idling all night and just sleep in it ;)

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Take that $499 and head for Greune Hall, man!

Stay at the Mansion next door and be in the river all day! HTH

9. DallasGuy

DallasGuy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2002
    Frisco TX
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Hey Will, I would recommend doing what I did and get out of town for a few days. It is a great excuse for me to get out and visit clients outside of DFW. I am hoping that by some miracle there will be power when I get home on Sunday. Hopefully you will be nice and cool before me.

10. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    this storm/power problems will not affect Eric Claptons mega concert will it??

11. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I forgot about that. Too much going on right now. I went to Sam's club yesterday & bought a window unit.