Sopranos Final Episode | FerrariChat

Sopranos Final Episode

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PaulK, Jun 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Who here watched the final episode of the season? Wow, it was good at the end!

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    After all the buildup, that's it?

The whole season is rather weak, I thought

3. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    I thought it was a very weak ending for a season ending episode...

4. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Very weak IMO. The problem with the Sopranos show is they build up storylines for weeks and weeks and then just drop them like hot potatoes. Or, they will build up to some big climax and then just end it suddenly with a weak ending (like Tony/Carmelas seperation, AJ's discipline problems, etc, etc).

After all the drama leading up to this finale, they just end it with the NY guys getting indicted after they make up with the Soprano family? Weak, weak, weak. They needed a MAJOR bang at the end - but they completely failed to deliver.

5. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    But if you think about it...that is big....that means Tony is now THE BOSS...he has no authority now...

-jt

6. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Isn't it interesting at just the moment he becomes more powerful , he is running like a kid that stole an apple from a fruit stand, through the mud and snow and bushes.

7. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    When does the next season start?

8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yeah thats what I thought.
    On this whole buildup thing on the plot- I also aggree on that, but it still leaves me wanting more of the Sopranos.

I thought this season could of been better, but the reason why I love the Sopranos is still there- The show is extremly deep. Lots of metaphors and other english student speak. It feels like you really KNOW the characters and what they're thinking.

9. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Overall, I thought the season was a dissapointment. It was slow developing and sometimes boring. But I enjoyed this last episode. Once again, the producers figured out a way to make all the viewers waiting for another season where Tony will be the big boss and hand the reigns over to someone else in the family. I found it very clever how Tony took on the Bear's role of rumbling through the bushes in the backyard to come home (this was mentioned earlier on this board about the symbolism). Now I can't wait for the next season, which will probably be about 1.5 years away:(.

10. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I caught that too. The Boss of All Bosses has Carmela yelling at him that his shoes are all wet, like he's eight years old!

11. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    It also was pretty unrealistic that Tony was able to run away and not get picked up by the Feds. I mean, cmon. If he saw the Feds, then the Feds saw him. Hell, they even were arresting Johnny's gardener!

12. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    ...and how the _uck did he run from NY to NJ? ..or does Johnny live in NJ? If so, why???

As Cartman would say: LAME.

Luke.

13. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    No kidding... even if Johnny lives in Jersey, chances are he doesn't live within 5 or even 10 miles of Tony. Why wouldn't he just call Christopher to get 'im or even call a cab? I know, nitpicking but still...

14. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Yeah, Johnny moved to Jersey a couple of seasons back. I don't know why he did, I think Tony made a joke about it back when he moved in.

His lawyer told him he wasnt being charged, maybe they didnt want to bother chasing him. I don't know, somewhat unreal.

15. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
  16. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I think we might have missed something here. Remember the scene where the FBI guy gets into a car and gives a tape to another Fed? As I recall, he said something about we have Soprano on tape about the construction deal. (Notice how quickly they disposed of any concern for Adriana?).

Question, who keeps showing up? Question 2, who showed up twice last night? I wonder if the gardener is wiring a directional wire?

17. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    That was not an FBI guy giving the tape it was Jimmy Patrile a Captain in the New York gang. Am sure we will have the usual long wait for season 6. I like the way they showed A.J seeming to get ready to follow in his fathers footsteps, Think that will be a big part of next year. Was just funny that Tony and Carmile were more worried he was maybe going to be a gay event planner instead of seeing what was really going on

18. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    i think the having the gardner there every time is just for laughs, I know I laugh everytime I see him, the second to last episode was the best of the season, last nights was pretty good, they did make him look like a bear in the woods and I laughed really hard when Carmela scolded him about the wet feet. Johny with the snow on his face was funny too, I wonder if they put Ginny Sach in cuffs :)

19. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    How many gardeners working with all that snow on the ground? Did you see the Maserati Coup sitting noticeably out in the driveway, You would think he could keep it in a garage. I wonder how much Maserati paid to place that car in those episodes?

20. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I gave up on that show last year (constantly letting me down with the lack of continuity).

DL

21. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    . Johny with the snow on his face was funny too,

Yea, that was ironic since Johnny is so concerned with looking "dignified"
    now. LOL

Ben

22. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    To make us wait 18 months for 10 episodes, after these last few weak seasons. Wonder who will still be watching?

23. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I will still watch. Even though the last few seasons have been a little week I was still entertained. 18 months is a long time to wait though.

24. krayzie

krayzie Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    tony is not the boss of all bosses. Johnny wasnt the "boss of NY", there are 5 otehr families in NY and 4 other bosses than Sacks. Sacks , his crew, adn the brooklyn is now out of the pictures. If Tony just waited a few days later, killing Tony B coulda been avoided.

did anyone see chrissy lifting 10 pounders? haha

25. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    also funny he was watching romel on the history channel - on d-day no less ( sure that was not intended)