Joining the Club this week! | FerrariChat

Joining the Club this week!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by homemark, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. homemark

homemark Rookie

May 23, 2004
    London
    Just agreed terms with Maranello on my first Ferrari!

Wondering about aftermarket alloys. With a car as finely balanced as a 360 I'm reluctant to start trying to fill those gaps under the arches if it will play havoc with the handling.

I have seen some pics of Enzo style alloys that look very smart but wondered whether anyone had already tried?

By the way, staggered at the insurance saving I made with Liverpool Victoria. Everyone else wanted over £4,000. Took a quote from them at £1,500. And I live in Central London!

2. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    what a nice colour better than red and yellow

3. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Very pretty - congrats !

4. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Nice. Have you the telephone number of Liverpool Victoria insurance ??

5. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Justin - LV available on 0800 514514. Quoted me a very good price too.

Rick

6. ANDYH

ANDYH Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    ANDY H
    great car - love the colour as well.

7. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Great looking car! I'd recommend some Challenge Stradale-style wheels.

Welcome to FChat, and I hope that your 360 brings much joy.

8. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
  9. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
  10. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Welcome to f-chat,hope you enjoy,very nice 360,

cheers
    Dale.

11. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Graham,

I have been with LV for about three years now and had to make a very small claim (about £500 worth) when an old Datsun clipped the rear wing of my XK8 when it was parked. Luckily I was in the car at the tiem and got a name and contact number.

My car was collected and repaired at a local authorised repairer (not a Jag dealer) and returned a few days later. The repair was excellent with no visible signs left. I sold the car privately to a guy who scrutinised the car and did not notice it.

They claimed from the third party, even though some of the contact details were incorrect, leaving my NCB in tact.

All in all an excellent experience - apart from the initial impact of course!

I have chopped and changed cars on my policy, currently have no car on it, and will have two cars on it come September. Refunds of reductions in policy have always been prompt and the full pro rata amount, with no additional charges.

Ken

12. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Cheers Ken
    Looks like I'll be saving myself £600 when my policy is up for renewal in September. I don't know if they have a policy of using their approved repairers for F cars, don't think that would go down too well. However, I have a mate in the motor trade and he says that they can't force you to use their own repairers, even though they will often tell you that this is the case.

13. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Ahh ! The joys of fatherhood

Many congrats

I'm also with LV (No, not Louis Vuitton darhling!)

Saved me over a grand. they must be doing some great business, as half of this site are with them

Enjoy the car

R

14. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    LV seem especially good with unusual cases i.e lots of points, age, etc.

I would add, in the interests of balance, that Aon via the FOC scheme were just as competitive for me as LV.

15. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK

humpf. I'm getting jealous again, everytime the insurance discussion comes up... I'm getting screwed.

I got stopped by the police at the weekend (my foot slipped)... which probably aint gonna help my insurance issues. The police congratulated me on me resisting to race a BMW and Mitsubishi that were taunting me, but said I shouldn't have made so much noise at 2am in the morning in a residential area (I dropped into 2nd gear at 50mph - avec Tubi - in a small tunnel. Go figure.

16. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Hmmmm!!! But only if you have a RHD Ferrari. They don't cover left-hand drive cars. Ask one of my F-Chat mates who had a frustrating two days with them a fortnight ago. So it looks like I'll be sticking with Privilege for now... :(

Cheers, MARK