DFW - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 11 | FerrariChat

DFW Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by DallasGuy, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Red 355 Spider on 3040 in Lewisville this afternoon.

2. MikeC

MikeC Rookie

Nov 19, 2003
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Mike C
    Hi all! I'm from Shreveport, but we (my family) get over to Dallas occasionally to shop / relax. We were there for Memorial Day weekend. We went by FMoD on Monday but they were closed for the holiday. I don't have a Ferrari (yet) but wanted to have a look around; this facility is much improved over the old store off of 75.

Monday, about 3 pm for both:
    Red 360 on NW Hwy not far from Northpark
    Black 308GTSi on Forest crossing Preston

On Friday, driving west on I-20, I saw a Bentley Continental GT headed eastbound not too far from Tyler. First one of those I've seen. It was kind of an understated taupe / beige color, but still it was very striking. I also saw a late model red Lotus Esprit headed the same direction - on the back of a flatbed trailer. :) Oh, and at the antique mall on Hwy 80 (the one with the MiG), there was a Trabant 601 on display. It probably didn't even run when it was new. ;-)

Friday night, on the northbound tollway service road in Plano not far from Pappadeaux's restaurant, we saw a medium blue metallic (Azzurro Argentina?) Maserati Coupe. That's the best color I've seen on that car, and FWIW after seeing this color my wife now wants one...

Mike

3. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Saw a blue Lambo Diablo on Oak Lawn Saturday afternoon and a red Maserati coupe yesterday at Travis/Knox.

And the red Esprit.... you may have seen the one that is identical to mine that was recently sold and maybe on it's way out of Dallas.

I have to say, I like the new Bentley. They have had a few out at Park Place and they look sweet. This weekend, they had at least one that I saw, and a Maybach, a new Aston Martin, and about 10 Maseratis sitting outside.

4. mweddle

mweddle Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Grey 328 GTS outside Royal Thai on Greenville today/lunch. Somebody on this board no doubt?

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Saw a red Testarossa on Bush a couple days ago... didn't seem to be coming from or going to FoD... just passing nearby. I couldn't get close enough to it to determine what variety it was (TR, 512TR, 512M).

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    While we were at the Samba Room, 2 red 360 coupes rolled by that were not part of our party.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Red 550 or 575 on 377 just S. of 20 about 1:30 today.

8. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Dark blue 360 spider w/ tan interior going south on Hilcrest. Awesome car, awesome color combination, and he was letting the engine hit some of the higher notes.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I hate posting non Ferraris here, but saw my first Ford GT (dark navy blue) on the street.

2:45pm in front of our old house on White Chapel in Southlake.

10. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    'OLD' house? Have you moved into the new one?

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Not living in it yet. Painter is about done, new tile in bathrooms is done, new carpet will be installed in a week or two, new wood flooring in bedroom will go in later this week. Jennie is painting the garage to the Ferrari dealer specs (except I swapped the colors around a little). She'll finish that by the weekend, but I think we picked a grey that's too dark. We'll see, do you think I can ask Jennie to repaint the entire thing? I guess I was lucky she did it in the first place. :)

12. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I didn't think those were even due to be out until August. Sure it wasn't a CAV or ERA?

13. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    I HAVE been stalking FORD reps for one they claim none here yet but hey you never know what sneaks around in the dark out by the speedway...

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, I don't know if it was a new one or not. It sounded great, looked new, and said Ford GT on the side.

I saw one in the pits at Indy 20 months ago.

15. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    saw a daytona ( i think) at Inwood?? area.... was there for the clapton concert....

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Very nice! Bonus points for taking a pic. We should all start carrying our camera for spotters.

17. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Oh my.....sweet Daytona. :D

18. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    im wondering.... what do people like about these cars? (daytona) people always talk about them and what not, but personal i didnt like it(mabey its not too exotic looking)... this was the only one ive seen in person, and it did sound nice... but i cant spot what is so intresting in the daytona... is it the history behind it? was it the last front engine ferrari b4 the 550??

19. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    When I was 5 years old, the Daytona coupe was the first Ferrari that I ever heard & seen. The sound of that engine was something to behold & the car just had an epic presence. For some reason even as a child I knew that car was much more special than any other produced at that time. Ahhh, happy childhood memories..:)

20. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I think the Daytona is just a very nice looking sports car, not extremely flashy, but still ahead of it's time in styling. It could easily be taken for a 1980's car. And don't forget Crockett & Tubbs drove a black one (or at least a replica)!

21. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Red 348 at Samba Room last night.

I keep seeing the Bentley GT going for test drives around here. Am I crazy for actually starting to like that thing? And Park Place has definitely picked up on their Maserati orders lately - there are now 6 or 8 always parked out front, instead of the 1 or 2 they used to keep around.

22. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I think the Daytona is one of the classiest sports cars ever made. It doesn't scream "LOOK AT ME" like a Testarossa, yet is fast and elegant. And the sound of that 12 will hypnotize you.

Sean, I like the Bently too, for many of the same reasons I like the Daytona. If I had unlimited funds, I think it would make an awesome daily driver. Either that or a DB9.

23. 1992F40

1992F40 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    California Blue 360 spider on George Bush-yesterday

24. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    However, I will say on the Daytona, that I heard it's heavy and drives like a meat wagon. How's that for Italian mystique?

25. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    how much are daytonas worth???? the one i saw had 19000 miles....