The Dragon (Deals Gap) | FerrariChat

The Dragon (Deals Gap)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tifosi1, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    #1 Tifosi1, Jun 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Anyone driven this. I drove it last Saturday in an my Ferrari Expediton and boy do I wish I had my car there(318 curves in 11 miles). I think we need to take this place away from the bikers. I'm thinking of organizing a trip maybe next srping for ther Louisiana Club.
    There is another website called the tail of the dragon, but I'm also told that is for a guy working out of his house just selling t shirts. I've been told that an F50 ran the road, but I don't know when or who it was. I know the miata clubs goes there and the owner of the website said he had 100 Deloren's coming in June
    http://www.dealsgap.com/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    If you had the time to count all the curves in there, you were going tooooo sloooow!! :D :D

Nice road!

DL

PS.. YES, I clicked on the link. :)

3. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    yeah, this place is famous amoung the bikers. My riding club goes there at least twice a year. They love it, you'll NEVER be able to "take it away".

4. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    That place is amazing! And if I ever find out some Ferraris are gonna be up there screamin around some mountain roads, I'll be up there on the side of the road in a lawn chair with a video camera :D

- Andy

5. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    great, just the kinda place to run outta gas!
    Looks like a crazy road! Their is a similar road like that in California called Highway 119 i think, near Monterey off Interstate 5. Anyone know that road?

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    looks to me that the bikes are all on the wrong side of the road

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

We're trying to get the North Carolina/South Carolina crew to drive The Tail of the Dragon. But quite honestly, the level of F-car enthusiasm in this state is pretty lame. Compared to you junkies out west (SoCal), we've got nothing more than a bunch of garage queens here. I'm afraid the idea of driving 11 miles of the Dragon with a possible bug-splat or tire screech isn't their cup of tea.

(Not everybody in NC of course.... but we have tons of Ferrari's here, and they so RARELY get onto the road) What a pity.

Mine rolled another 300 miles last weekend, bug guts and all.

-Daniel

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Jack Russell Racing, wouldn't just one Ferrari be more than a "ton" of Ferraris ?

9. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    My drive way is 1 hour away from the Gap. I do go there alot, always during the week (weekend is too crowded and to heavily patrolled). If any one wants, I can show them a lot of lesser known, but great roads around here also.

10. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Did not look like many places where you could let it all hang out, but I would love to drive it.

We go to Brevard, NC about once a year to visit relatives. If any of you would like to get to gether next summer let me know.

kelly