3m Clear Bra Help needed 360 | FerrariChat

3m Clear Bra Help needed 360

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by superyota, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    So I got my first tiny rock chip in the front bumper and I only hvae 500 miles on the car..so I decided I need to get a clear bra before it gets out of control. Anyone have a good hookup in the OC LA area (I am in newport)? I know this has been discussed before but I was hoping there someone new that has a better hookup.

2. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    I've been through so much on this clear bra issue and finally got it done right. PM me.

3. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    share it Jimmy! I always want more info.

Two points I would make to anyone buying a 3m type film.

They will remove your factory film. When they do, if there is a place there it took a hit and the film is holding the paint in place, the paint will come off with the film. Think about what you will do at that point. I had a small chip that came off and they did not touch up. Dumb. They did not call me either to ask what to do.

Some companies will use the same film with different patterns they buy under license. I used Armourfend (sp?) as there was one less seam on the front bumper which I felt would look better and catch less wax.

If there is any newer material than 3M that is proven...love to hear about it.

4. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    A "clear bra"....ummm...? What a great idea! Jimmy let me know about your clear bra ...(gigillie..giggillie;))

Yeah, and how did this get passed Victorias Secrets Catalog?

(snicker...snicker) hehehehe...you are laughing right? That was funny!...oh come on!...

5. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Here is the mail I sent to Superyota:

Good luck!

6. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Yay, I love the new 2004 Summer style, w/ lace too. :D

7. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    A guy is selling the 360 front bumper 3m kit on ebay for about $250.... I might try and install myself. I have installed many difficult motorcycle and ATV graphics kits so I hope that it will work out.

8. RTP356

RTP356 Rookie

Dec 7, 2003
    Try Edre Mendoza at Envisage Labs. I have used him 3 or 4 times and been very happy. He can be hard to reach, but is reliable. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

9. Marc G

Marc G Karting

Feb 22, 2004
    Costa Mesa, CA

I used Clear Pro clear-pro.net Vic also does Newport Autosports work, good luck. 714-375-4949

10. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    I am having star sheild armor to the install..they do it for F-OC. I will give it a test run and let everyone know.

11. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    I'm not a believer in clear bra/ 3M protective films. For the track they will definitely benefit you in prolonging the life of it. For th street, you can ask any good painter that this stuff isn't good for the paint. It'll cause uneven discoloration of the paint and make it a PITA to match if you get in an accident. It will also bake your paint by keeping the heat in.

It's ironic how many of the people who buy these film protetants are trying to preserve and save their paint, when in reality you are shortening the life of your paint? The same goes for people who drive around with a traditional nose bra.

I think that using a traditional bra for the longer trips and just having plenty of wax on the car will do the job for 99% of you. JMO.

Brad

12. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles

That's who does the work for Lucent and did Jimmy's car -- Edre is very good. This is one product where the quality of the job is very dependent upon installer competence rather than the brand name of product used.

BTW, Lucent is still in busisness.

13. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Good to hear that, they are decent people.