Anyone want an RX-7 race car? | FerrariChat

Anyone want an RX-7 race car?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by lukek, Jun 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    A while back there was some discussion about the RX7 class, and I think Rob races one of them thingies. The guy who is doing the bodywork on my car is looking to get rid of his. Seemed like a good price, so I thought I would pass it on.
    $5000 gets you a ready race car with a rebuilt engine/cage/fuel cell/etc., a decent trailer, and a spare RX7 for parts. Located in Livermore, CA (SF area). I know that an old buddy of mine used to race them on the local tracks with the NASA club. Took me for a ride around Seca once, must have been 7 years ago. Nearly heaved after the corkscrew...
    :)
    PM me for his contact info, if interested.

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    That seems like a great price indeed!

3. eahoelua

eahoelua Rookie

Jun 10, 2004
    Luke,

Just wondering what year RX7 it is.

Mahalos,
    Allan

4. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    not sure. I sent you a PM with his phone number

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Ask if it's Pro 7? That's the class like the SRX7 we run in Texas. It would be first gen. $5k is average price for a good car. Most race cars come with plenty of spares. It costs $10k+ to build these from scratch, but there's so many that have been built and the drivers move on to higher classes, so resale is poor. Unlike Spec Miata that has national rules, all the RX7 regions have various rules, you would only want to buy the car if racing in the Pro 7 series.