Why no F40 model? | FerrariChat

Why no F40 model?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Alex_V, May 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I just went to Exoticar.com to order an F40 model and all the ones I was planning on ordering werent there, half of their Ferrari collection is gone, I checked for the ID code and showed no result. Anyone know why?

2. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I'd hate to say this... But exoticar's site sucks donkey balls.

3. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    ^^^LOL well there they are pretty cheap and so am I, They have they same models that I dont want to drive to go get. Anyways im not a serious collector I just want some Ferrari models for my desk, nothing fancy :D

4. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I got tired of finding out that a great deal of what's in their catalog is actually unavailable (is the 288GTO still there?). There are lots of places that will deliver "desktop" models to your door, to say nothing of eBay.

5. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Exoticar stinks with regards to their site and their catalog always has things that are currently unavailable or not released yet. I would suggest you try eBay, Rare Model Cars, or Cavallino Models for the model.

6. chinaboy

chinaboy Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    Jardine Lookout, HK
    Full Name:
    Eric Wong
    go to ebay and search for Pocher F40
    it is the best one in the market
    the body of the model is painted by Ferrari factory

(I have one....bought it 10years ago..HEHE)

7. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Pocher is a great model for the detail and size. I would recommend that one as well. If you are looking for something smaller go with the 1/18 Scale Ferrari F40 bu Bburago. That Bburago version is better than the Hot Wheels version when it comes to details.

8. jock

jock Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    hi alex , i am looking for a glass model of a ferrari F40 , I had one bought as gift for me , and unfortunately due to a move it was lost along wiv others and i wish to replace it . would you know of any manufacturers or online sites where i could obtain one, cheers jock

9. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    I purchased my F40 at a Sharper Image store. They had the car in red and yellow for $32.95.

10. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    my F40 is made by Burago.

11. canam350

canam350 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2004
    dublin, ireland
    i have recently bought a 1/12th scale kyosho f40 and i must say its one of the best models around, also they are doing in1/18th scale in august/sept