Antifreeze on the floor | FerrariChat

Antifreeze on the floor

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Barnone 308, Jun 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Barnone 308

Barnone 308 Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2004
    canada
  2. Barnone 308

Mar 22, 2004
    canada
    Sorry about that

Well last weekend I took the f-car for a rip. I parked itin the garage and just yesterday I backed it out and noticed that right in the middle og the car there was some fresh antifreeze. It was perfectly clean, so it had no oil mixed with it, thank god. I looked at the waterpump, and no signs of antifreeze. The car itself runs perfect. However, there was a very small amount on the floor. Does anyone know what it can be. I am thinking it might be a lose hose.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

3. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Barnone

Just had the same problem with my QV.It didn't drop alot of water,just enough to notice.Turned out to be the one of the short hoses under the plenum.

Hope this helps

Steve

4. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    You said the leak was under the "middle" of the car.... that sounds like it could be the rubber hose that join the metal coolant pipes that run front to rear.

If the leak is from under the engine area, it might be your expansion tank (radiator) "cap" is going bad.

5. RussF

RussF Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    So check for a lose hose!!!

6. Barnone 308

Mar 22, 2004
    canada

7. rjdavatar

rjdavatar Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Check the return pipe that connects the water cross-manifold to the header tank. The junction between the manifold and the return pipe is made by a metal union tube that is prone to corrosion. It is located
    next to the water temperature sensor, beneath the plenum.
    I had to replace this union recently and my description of that repair is on these pages about 6 weeks ago.

8. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    check and make sure where the overflow from the expansion tank is routed