Atlanta Spotters Thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Atlanta Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Zupra, May 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whitlock

whitlock Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    ATL
    Full Name:
    Whitlock
    They do exist! yellow 360 spider @ Phipps 6/5

2. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    '86 328,92 512tr,6.0 diablo_Oh,it was at a car show.Had a great time Mark and Brian!! A.J.

PS We all took trophies home!

3. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Red F355 infront of Goldberg's Bagle Shop in the Publix shopping center / strip mall there on the corner of West Paces Ferry and Cobb Pkwy at noon today. I've also seen a yellow 360 Spider, Titanium Silver 360 Coupe several times in the area of Vinings. Anyone's?

Have also spotted what looked to be a Murcielago deep purple in color (it was twilight), and a yellow Murcielago in the area.

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    While driving my Boxer last evening at aound 8pm on 141 near State Bridge Road I saw a red 328GTS. Was it someone from FC ?

5. RichardGilmore

RichardGilmore Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Richard Gilmore

6. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    That's awesome! I'd love to get a ride in it sometime if possible :), or perhaps a cruise somewhere, I'd follow behind in my slow car, heh. I have the black Mustang Steeda (probably saw it in my profile). I plan to have a Ferrari someday, after I have quite a few years under my belt with an airline.

BTW, I work at Wender & Roberts most everyday now that college classes are out, stop by sometime if you'd like.

- Rick

7. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    I know where you can see a black 348 today @ around 5:30! It will be @ Blackstone's restaurant in Vinings.

8. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Doh, missed it! heh. I got off work at 4 today and headed to the airport to take the Cub up. However I did see a red 360 Spider today on Cobb Pwky going southbound, saw him as he was passing the BP at about 8:45 or so, sexy machine.

9. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    where do you keep the cub? I fly out of RYY.

10. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Hehe, matter of fact I think I've seen your car there several times. RYY here too. We're in the larger T hangars, the third row from the Northside ramp there. What kind of airplane are you flying ?

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'm not a pilot, but I do visit McCollum on occasion. Maybe we can all meet up there sometime for dinner in the area?

12. 355now350soon

355now350soon Karting

Mar 19, 2004
    I saw a red 355 today license plate was MADTURK on I 75 the guy was doing at about 120mph. I got on it with my Z06, we got up to about 160mph. I was right on his azz. Then we came into some traffic and I kind of let him go. I still don't feel very comfortable in my Z06 and I will admit this guy was pretty good. All in all it was nice to see a 355 go like that.

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Haha, "madturk" is one of our fellow FerrariChatters! Wait 'til he finds out he was spotted!

14. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    LOL, Madturk is nuts from what I've read about him, he drives his car though, but maybe pushes it a bit too much, heh. He reminds me of Robert (Lonman) that's always on the Gumball / Players run rallys.

Would be cool to meet up sometime in the area. Could go cruise somewhere, take photos of the cars, dinner, etc.

15. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    I know the Turk, he lives just a couple of blocks from me in Towne Lake (Woodstock). He's a good guy. No doubt he knows how to drive. He also has a beamer he drives around a lot. Steeda, I was flying the 690A turbo commander N222ME. It is still parked at Northside in the corporate hangar. The company I was working for has decided to sell it and get out of the airplane bussiness so I am looking for another position. Jimpern, we should get together some time. I thought it would be neat to have a small park & drive with all the local F-chatters at our clubhouse in Towne Lake Hills. There is plenty of space to line up the cars and we have restaurant and bar on site that overlooks the parking area. I bet it would attract a few spectators.

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Sounds good, Charles. Maybe on a Saturday evening when there are no other social events going on (as there are this weekend) or even on a weeknight provided it is after 7:30 or so (so I don't get stuck in traffic on 575).

Even though I'm not a pilot, I am an airplane nut. (I've been building models of them since 1963 and designing parts of them since 1974.) Thus we have more in common than Ferrari ownership (which for me is just two months) and the fact that we both live in the same general corner of the metro area.

I'm sure we can get other F-car owners (and non-owner enthusiasts, like I was until recently) to join us.

Jim

17. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Red/tan 355 today, parked about 100 yards from my office. Means Street, about a block from Ga Tech, anyone here? Very nice car.

Mark

18. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Silver 360 Spider today around 3:30 on Mt. Paran and Harris Trail. I see Ferrari's but not usually TWO 360 Spiders one day after the other!

19. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Great! Let's try to get something going this summer. I know at least two other Ferrari owners and several owners of other cool cars that will attend. If we do it on the wwekend traffic will not be an issue.

20. reubenk

reubenk Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    atlanta burbs
    Full Name:
    reuben k
    that'd be me! I have it over here frequently. va highlands also.

RSK

21. whitlock

whitlock Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    ATL
    Full Name:
    Whitlock
    Red 328 on Piedmont road this afternoon 6/12

22. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Saw RichardGilmore in his 355 at noon today. He pulled up behind me at the light as I was turning right onto Cobb Pkwy headed to West Paces Ferry on my way to work. That's a sexy machine! :)

23. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Tuesday 6-22 3:00pm Northbound 400 in the heavy rain---new red muiraselago (spelling?)

24. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Saw a Testarossa, 512TR & a 348 ts on Sunday... Also saw two 356 Speedster rag tops, a 550 A Spyder, a 911, a Z8, a Maybach (ugh!) and some other really cool cars...

...oh... they were all at an event... :D

25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    you guys get zupra on board, next time an event comes up!