Visiting San Antonio June 10th! | FerrariChat

Visiting San Antonio June 10th!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Titanboy_24, Jun 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Hey everyone,

Me and my mom will be visiting San Antonio from June 10th to the 14th. She is exhibiting her artwork at a conference, and she said that I could tag along! I was just wondering if there were any dealerships or good places to spot cars around that area? I have heard that Texas has TONS of awsome cars, so hopefully I can spot a few when I am there:)!
    Thanks for all the help!

Lucas Scarfone

2. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    San Antonio is pretty bleak for car spotting in texas.... the Ferrari dealer here is alright... theres a 360 spider in the showroom.... as for dealerships, there is the lotus one on broadway, right inside loop 410... there also is Hovey Motor Cars on San Pedro, where almost every other dealership is too... and as for places to see cool cars the Quarry sometimes has cool cars... also most upscale places way out on 1604 and 281 durring dinner, also IH-10 and Dezevala, sorry to say but SA isnt the best place... i get excited if I see an AMG or BMW M car... let alone a ferrari...

3. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    thats kind of dissapointing! Are there any car shows or get togethers that weekend?
    Thanks,

Lucas

4. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Not in San Antonio...but there is a BIG track event in College Station that weekend--probably 100+ various sports cars, including Ferraris--at Texas World Speedway there. I will be instructing, and plan to take my 550 Maranello, unless it is ungodly hot. The public is welcome, at no charge.

5. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    On I-10 west there is a housing area called The Dominion. The extremely wealthy of San Antonio live there. I have a friend who knows someone who lives there and he say's there are all kinds of expensive exotics there. I am not sure if you can get in and drive around though.

6. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    the Dominion is private you could tell them your a contractor or something and get a pass it isnt too hard... but the best cars are not there... the dominion has several ferraris mostly older ones... ive yet to see a 360 there.... areas inside 1604 and around Ih 10 are the best like bitters road... and hill country village has a lot of classic cars, and some nice new ones like a vanquish(i know of 2 in SA)

7. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Thanks alot for all the info guys! I am getting picked up at 4:30am tomorrow morning, so I should arrive there in the afternoon sometime! I am staying the Wyndam on 300 East Travis, I was just wondering how far away the dealerships are from there?
    Thanks again for all the help, I really appriciate it:)!!

Lucas

8. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    thats downtown, and 2 blocks west from broadway, thats where some are... i would head north on broadway, until 410, the go west until san san pedro, and go north again, thats where the other dealerships are... then the ferrari dealer is way out on i-10 and 1604 so if you wanted you could stay on san pedro get on 281 then to 1604 go west... the get on i-10 southbound... with that route you'll see most of the dealerships minus porsche(pretty small) and the audi one...

on that route you'll see BMW motorcycle and sports car place... lotus dealership, subaru mercedes , the hovey motor cars and some other but mainly ford and what not....

and as for distance the broad way dealers are about 5-15 min away and san pedro isnt to far after that, then to the ferrari dealership it could be 20-30 min away depending on traffic... the 281-1604 interchange is really bad too, as is 1604 it is ushally always full of traffic and can be a 12 mile traffic jam in the morinings and from around 4:30 till pretty late as there are so many sbdivisions out there and so little acess

9. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    awesome! Thanks alot for all the info, I'll try and make a trip out to all the dealers! I will post the pics when I come back (Monday 14th).
    Thanks again!

Lucas

10. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Hey guys,
    I just got in from the airport (1:27am) so I will post all the pics I took tomorrow.
    I went to the Ferrari dealer, there were 6 Ferraris there including an amazing Red 550 Barchetta! On the way back from the dealer I spotted a red 575M parked at a mall!! I also saw a nice Saleen Mustang, countless Hummers, some Porsches, Vettes, and tons of mercedes.
    Gotta go to bed now, I'll post pics 2morrow!

Lucas

11. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
  12. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    i just got back from a trip... nice pics though that 550 barrachetta(sp?) has been at the dealer for ever over 2 years... kinda odd... hope u had a good time in SA

13. Anthony Orosco

May 11, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Anthony Orosco
    That particular Ferrari is owned by a customer of Ferrari, a mexican national. He keeps it there for display and drives it when he comes into town.

I will be using that Ferrari as part of a auto detailing DVD that will be filmed in September.

Anthony