F355 Hyper-Flow cats | FerrariChat

F355 Hyper-Flow cats

Discussion in '348/355' started by F355Bob, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Replaced my test pipes with the Hyper-Flow cats. With test pipes my exhaust really smelled. The new cats got rid of the obnoxious odor. It seems to have the same power it did with the test pipes and the sound is subdued with the cats obviously. Still sounds great with the Tubi. Fit was ok and it did take some work to get them to fit but not to bad. Does not generate nearly as much heat as the stock cats.

2. pino

pino Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    South Central PA
    Did you have to custom make the flanges for the cats, or can you buy them ready to bolt on? How did the price compare to stock items?

Best,
    Pino

3. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

The flanges were on the cats. The cats are made to fit the F355. As far as price, they were like the Tubi sport cats, around$1000 per cat. Crazy isn't it?

4. pino

pino Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    South Central PA

Thanks for the information!

As far as the crazy factor: 1K is a lot, but the price for the crappy factory ones put it to shame!

Glad you are happy with your "fresh smelling" exhaust. I still love the sound too much without the cats to put them back on.

5. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Nice alternative to test pipes for those with a 'greener mind'. I think test pipes are OK..... as long as you recycle papers & bottles to make up for it :) !! LOL