The Ontario Thread! | Page 22 | FerrariChat

The Ontario Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ClassicFerrari, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherwom

sherwom Rookie

Jun 8, 2004
    #526 sherwom, Jun 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Hence, the reason why Im refusing to take her downtown anymore...thinking about avoiding Yorkville as well.Im getting sick of people not paying attention to the road and running up to the car. At least if she had big t$$s.

3. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Yeah no kidding. Although Yorkville is more tame, you got lotsa people with money and people who think they got money who will just look but not pull a stupid stunt like the guy in the above pic.

You just need to avoid the downtown core like the nite club district and Yonge st. etc. That is where all the drunken idiots are aside from enthusiasts. I don't mind people freaking out because I used to be the same but running up to the car is a little too much.

I had a great time once in my friends Lambo, but too many people kept running up and doing ****.

Oh well, like you say Red.......unless she has big T!T$ LOLLL

Just my $.02

Vasco.R

4. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    I dont think i'd have the ba!!$ to go up to the owner unless he/she was outside his car and admiring its beauty himself/herself. I think people get a little too excited when they see these cars on the road. But the owners also have to realize that these machines are admired and occassionally people will want to chat up the owner

5. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Very true, chatting up with the owner is done at the right time. Like while he is washing the car in his driveway and he's got that smirk on his face (Or revving the car on the phone so his buddy can hear it - Porsche Cayenne Ad LOL), or at a car show etc. But when a guy is travelling and some lunatic runs up to him I think it's kinda dumb IMO.

6. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    I think you statement about THESE GUYS having no idea how to drive their cars is unfair and I personally take offense. (90%) how do you know? have you done a survey? Just because your friend passed them in a 3 series, doesn't mean they can't drive. Maybe they are just driving responsibly. I get this kind of bull$hit all the time when I'm out for a drive in my F-Car. Along comes some jerk next to me on the highway at 120kmh reving his honda wanting to race and of course I refuse to do so and I end up getting a thumbs down or the international finger. And as far as going for brunch and Parking your car so people can look at it, WTF is wrong with that. Most of us guys that own these cars have worked very hard at saving our $$$ to purchase one and enjoy the attention the car gets and we are proud of our accomplishment.
    The only thing pathethic in your quote is YOUR QUOTE..........

7. Avia1

Avia1 Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    Interesting that you associate driving "responsibly" on the track with driving slow. You shouldn't personally be offended by my statement, go ask some of the driving instructors that drive around the track with the Ferrari and Lamborghini club. That's enough of a survey for me. I'm sure you're a top driving star though in your 512 and an anomaly in the Ferrari ownership ranks. The typical buyer of a Ferrari is not a track hound, and that's fine but if you want to park a fine piece of machinery every weekend in the same area to "show off" you're going to get called on it.

8. jack1999

jack1999 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    toronto
    i dun mind seeing exotic car at yorkvill each time i visit the place
    the more the better

9. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    I don't know if you own an exotic, but when most people finally purchase a car that's worth a couple of hundred grand or more that they've been saving for years, your driving methods change and yes also on the track. I have never tracked my TR because it literally took me blood, sweat and tears to save for it and I don't want to abuse it, but I have tracked my porsche and no, I am not a star driver, but I'm sure that if I would ever track my TR, I'd probably be 10 seconds slower on the same track simply because my porsche did not mean the same to me and did not cost what the F-Car did. + if it broke down, pieces are readily avaiable, cheaper to run, and resale....who cares!!
    An exotic that has been abused on the track, it's almost impossible to sell.
    And yes, the car will be abused cause once you are on the track...well then adrenaline and ego kicks in.

10. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Keep in mind that those cars are DRIVEN every weekend to that...same area to "show off."

11. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    "F*** Me!!!"

Those were the words that slipped out when I realised the low shape and Xenon lights at the other end of the intersection belonged to an ENZO!

I couldnt believe it, I'd seen the Enzo before at the Autoshow and Grand Prix weekend last year, but to see it in motion blew my mind. Not to mention the sound. Whoever said this car is quiet must have only heard it at idle.

12. rayman167

rayman167 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    where did you see it?

someone said he saw a silver Enzo on Steeles last night.But i don't think we have a silver Enzo in canada

13. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

I seriously doubt that too.

But please let us know if it is true indeed........someone.....

Vasco.R

14. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Aside from many 360's I saw today and the wiked rosso 355GTS (same one as the show last weekend) I did however spot a celebrity tonite, I saw Tommy Lee (Formerly - Motley Crew, Formerly Pamela Anderson husband etc etc) at a really cool hot spot here in Toronto that I frequent once a week or so.

Man that guy is awesome! Whatever you picture of him is totally true!....the blonde groupies, the booze and the tattooos WOW this guy is sooo seriously cool.

Cheers

Vasco.R

15. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    This one was red, and was at Bayview and Moore

16. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    How many Enzo's are in Canada? How many of each colour? Are most in Ontario?

I've seen 2 Enzo's in my life. The red one at the rally last weekend, and Remo's yellow one upstairs at his dealer. Think someone said his is the only yellow one in Canada. True? I sure wouldn't mind seeing some more!

Best,
    Joel

17. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    7 Enzo's went through Ferrari of Ontario and 3 (i think) through Ferrari of Quebec. And I think a couple were deliverd to Vancover (not too sure about that one though, as Brain Jessal is no longer. Possiable early orders filled through contract with the former dealer...Just heard that through the grape vine. not reliable by anymeans).

18. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    EDIT - Tom beat me to the numbers

Mujo, If you ever see one on the street the effect the car has is 100x that of seeing it at an event. Both times I'd seen Enzo's prior to this had been at events where I knew the Enzo would be there, thus there was the anticipation of seeing it. Last night was a complete suprise. It was a case of "hey that looks like an exotic.....F*** Me!!.....its an Enzo!!!"

19. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Isnt it such a trip?! That's what I said last summer when I saw a kid driving one in the entertainment district.

Unreal.

Vasco.R

20. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Speaking of which, what's the official take here on that place "Sassafraz?" I've seen it in Architectural Digest and on TV, and I think that their blatant "the celebrity hotspot, come to see and be seen" advertising makes me think you'd have to be a full-of-yourself pompus a$$ to get in... am I wrong and it is a solid place, or is it really Poseurfraz?

At the gym I've been going to I read this [old] Maclean's article on what $500k gets you for a home in various TO neighborhoods; the summary description of the Yorkville area was scathing and hilarious. Something to the effect that Yorkville-ites were fake-baked rich puffs who pranced around thinking that they were famous and important... even though they were not. It was harsh. Basically made it look like they were trying to be the hot stuff of Pittsburgh, PA, and nobody else cared.

21. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

We'll yeah, Sassafraz is exactly what you described it. Very snobby and very wannabe, but there is also alot of people that go there and other places in Yorkville who do have actual cash. But for the most part I love walking around and watching people try so hard for nothing.

I myself arent on any rich list but I have been going to Yorkville for over 10 years simply to go for a drink/coffee, go to the best car magazine place but mainly to walk around and chill out. It simply started when my big brother had his law office there years ago and I got used to being in the area when i'd visit him.

As for the $500,000 homes, yeah its pretty sick. you'd be surprised what old homes are going for in downtown T.O. The home we have in Little Italy/Little Portugal is 100 years old and it has jumped up big time in recent years.

But ask me if I wanna live in a HUGE "cookie cutter home" somewhere in Oakville or Mississauga, I would say NO, HELL NO (Although I love old Mississauga and Oakvile Port Credit etc). I was born and raised in downtown T.O and wouldnt trade it for anything.............actually I lie, Estoril (Portugal) is where my heart is.

Anyways

Cheers, happy spotting this weekend!

Vasco.R

22. rayman167

rayman167 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    last night around 11:30pm, i saw a red 360 modena moving slowly(40-50km/h) on Brimley (scarborough)

23. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    aww dang, i was at the employee nike store around 6 p.m..... aww only a couple more hours.. would.ve been worth the wait u think?

24. rayman167

rayman167 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    saw a black Vanquish today, i will post the link to the pics later

25. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Today wasnt bad at all!

black 348 on Keele at Lawrence
    red 360 Spider, top down, on Hwy 50
    dark blue 456 on Weston Rd, near the 400