Compomotive wheels for Testarossa | FerrariChat

Compomotive wheels for Testarossa

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by sunburn, Jun 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    Does anyone have any experience with Compomotive TS wheels for a single nut Testarossa? I'm thinking of upgrading to 17" and love the look of these wheels.

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I have the wheels, but not on a single lug. I am very happy with them, though they took a while to make. Order one or two extra center caps, so you have a spare a few years down the road.

Call them and ask lots of questions, and you should be satisfied before writing the check (they don't take credit cards).

3. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    Thanks for the input.
    I talked to Allen at Motorsport Specialties today and he was very helpful about construction and fitment. Do you have any pics of your car with the wheels?

Thanks,
    Rick . . . .

4. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
  5. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    I am considering the TS Comp wheels for my Boxer, also single splined hubs. The people at Motorsport Specialties are very friendly.

17" wheels will cost $1950 for all four. However, one has to use the splined hubs from the original car. These are bolted to the new wheels. You are not getting an extra set of splined hubs. They make the wheel, and an adapter, which you use to attach the hub to the new wheel. At least this is what I was told for the Boxer.

6. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    They look great Mule. I appreciate your choice in tires too. I put the F1 D3s on a 348 Spider and a 456GT, their wonderful. Those will be my choice on the Testarossa too.
    My car is Grigio, very close to the wheel color on your car so the match should be perfect. Thanks for the picture show . . . it really helped!

Rick . . . .

7. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I think they would look great on a Boxer, too. In fact, my dream car is a black Boxer with those wheels.