floor mats | FerrariChat

floor mats

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by davewapinski, Jun 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davewapinski

davewapinski Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2003
    The Mondial t is used as an almost daily driver.

The part that seems to get the most use is the front floor mats - red with black Horse.

Right now I am cleaning them with Turtle Wax Interior 1 (I believe it is called). It is good, but is there something better?

It still gets dirty from dogs jumping in with muddy paws (wanting another Ferrari ride), my shoes, woman's shoes, spills, etc. Does anyone make a clear mat cover to protect the Ferrari ones, but still look nice and allow the Horse to show through?

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Try "google" search engine..."clear floor mats", there are many vendors, one of them ought to be able to help you.

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Treat the mats with Scotchgard; it makes them easier to clean.

You can get it in a spray can.

4. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Have used many different upholstery cleaners over the years; but after using OxiClean on the interior of the P-car, it's all I use now. That stuff is amazing! It's great for cleaning the interior of an entire car, or just for touch up of minor stains (including ink pen marks on cloth seats). I was shocked at the amount of dirt that came off of the interior surfaces -- went through several white cotton terry towels.

Here's some past threads about OxiClean:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/messages/251280/257395.html

It is color safe and chlorine free.

Here's the weblink:

http://www.oxiclean.com/products.asp

I've used both the powder (great for large areas) and the liquid in bottle versions (for smaller areas).

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Finally a new post. I had withdrawal symptoms.

Can we please talk fish license plate holders now?

:)