"Bull Run" Exotic Rally | FerrariChat

"Bull Run" Exotic Rally

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by richard, Jun 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I was unable to find any information about this event, but it came through New Orleans tonight and there were quite a few nice cars in the garage at the Ritz Carlton! My friend is a valet and tipped me off earlier today about it.

I took my video camera down and got some video of the cars. Pretty dissapointing turn out compared to some of the other rallies (maybe 30 cars in the garage), but exotics are exotics so I won't complain.

I spoke with the event coordinators for a while. Apparently there was a CGT as well as a McClaren-Mercedes earlier on the rally, but they dropped out yesterday.

In the garage were:

-3 or 4 Porsche 996TT
    -Porsche 996 C2 Cab
    -3 or 4 Ferrari 360M
    -Ferrari 355 Spider
    -2 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
    -Ferrari 550 Maranello
    -2 Bentley Continentals
    -BMW Z4
    -BMW M3 Convertible
    -2 Lamborghini Murcielago
    -Merc CL600 German "police" car
    -Merc SL500
    -2 Ford Mustang Cobras
    -2 Dodge Viper SRT-10
    -Aston DB7 Vantage

Almost all of the cars except 3 or 4 were European.

I made some video of the cars and also a Murcielago starting up; I am making more video tomorrow of these cars as they leave the hotel, and I might follow them for a while on the highway. I will post up the video tomorrow afternoon regardless.

Cheers,
    Richard

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Evidently it came through Vegas about a week ago or so. Stayed in the same hotel that the Players' Run did. Many, many more cars than the Players' Run... but wasn't primarily exotics... just lots of normal cars. The parking security guy thought it might have been a lot of British guys based on the few he met.

He asked me the difference between the Bull Run and the Players Run... I had no idea about the former, so I couldn't explain.

Anyone know anything about the Bull Run?

3. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I met and talked to the director of the video they were filming on the run. He is the brother of the organizer of the Gumball Rally. He owns or operates a film studio in UK called "Giant Film". Almost every car on the Bull Run was European (based on the front and rear plates). And literally ever person I talked to about the even and the kind of fun they were having was British or Scottish.

I still haven't had time to edit and upload that video I made of the Murcielago in the parking garage, it sounds really mean!!! I'll see if I can do it tomorrow evening.

EDIT: In summation, I believe the Bull Run is now the American version of the Gumball. I think it is almost all of the Gumballers and that they have renamed the rally for the US to alleviate confusion or something...for now, it seems, they may have inadvertently caused confusion with the naming of the run and its low publicity. Again, from speaking to the director of the video I think the lack of publicity was intentional, almost as if this year is a test run.

4. katzalex

katzalex Rookie

Jun 13, 2004
    Close, the maranello was a 575, he was kind of offended when I called it a 550. Also, the rustangs were V-6's, rentals from Hertz for those whose cars broke on the way. It was a rough night driving all those cars (some out for a little bit to get gas) but someone had to do it. :)

-Alex

p.s. send some pics to [email protected] please

5. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Sounds like a good time.