Ronald Reagan on the Onion Road................................. | FerrariChat

Ronald Reagan on the Onion Road.................................

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by darth550, Jun 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    "The Onion Road"...Las Posas Road:

There is a road here in So Cal (that some of us know quite well) affectionately known as the "Onion Road" It starts at PCH and meets up with the 101 freeway. Through an onion field...it consists of first a nice 3/4 mile straight, a sweeper right, a sweeper left then about a 5 mile straight til a traffic light. There are no intersecting roads.

This is the place where some of us have explored the TOP end of our cars' speed potential (mine being 191 mph :D).

I am mentioning this because I want to point out that after Ronald Reagan's casket lands, his journey to his final resting place will begin on the Onion Road.

God's Top Speed to Ronald Reagan!!

DL

2. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    191 MPH! Was that topped out in the 550?

3. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    They are NOW entering the road!

DL

4. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    I hope the world will see more people like Mr Reagan, but my feelings are not.

5. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    No. 6th gear @5700 rpm and STILL pulling...I ran out of room.

DL

6. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    LMAO, that just proves another reason why the 550 is the best F-car

7. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I've done that road (i think?) a few times in Italy's finest (well, in my old Maranello and a little more recently, in a Maserati spyder). Its on that stretch coming down from Big Sur, after San Simeon, where you go agricultural for quite a while, just some long, lonely stretches, slightly rolling, but largely flat-is it north of the big airforce base? On the Maranello run, when we got out at the 4 Seasons in LA, you could see my co-pilot's fingerprints in the dust on the roof, where he clamped his hand thru the open window when we were doing the high-speed bits. What fun!

8. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Bill,

It is further south, originating at Port Hueneme Naval Base (15 or so miles north of the LA county line.

DL

9. -nickm

-nickm Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    That is a good road for a top end run. Don't do it at night though (when you cant see the cops) I got my last ticket coming home from a concert driving my wifes VW beetle turbo...maxed it out somewhere around 130, then BAM! just as I started to slow down, got pulled over by officer Love. That's right officer Love. Scary, huh? He was cool though and only wrote me up for 75 or so. I was bummed, but happy at the same time. Good ole' Las Posas.
    How 'bout Central Ave., heading over to Ventura/Santa Paula? That's a good one too.