[FOC HOU] Galveston fun run | FerrariChat

[FOC HOU] Galveston fun run

Discussion in 'Texas' started by F512M, May 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F512M

F512M Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Lawrence
    June 12th, 2004

Join the Houston Ferrari Owners Club for our first fun run as a club. We will be heading down to Galveston for a little fun in the sun (weather permitting).

We will start at our regular meeting point (Edward's Cinema I10 & Wirt) at 9AM and head down 288 to Lake Jackson where we will make a short stop at the Texas Parks and Wildlife's Sea Center Texas. From there we will continue down to Surfside beach where we will pick up Hwy 332 (Bluewater Hwy) to the San Luis Pass. There is about 15-20 miles of beautiful beach along this road. Then taking Hwy 3005 into Galveston. Once in Galveston we will stop for lunch (Location TBD). Then heading back to Houston up I45. This is not a short trip, but not much farther than the Bluebonnet Run we had last month.

Email me with any questions or to RSVP.

Sea Center Texas:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/hatch/seacenbr.htm#Visitor

JL

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    We like "the Spot" on Seawall Blvd. for burgers or fish sandwiches.

Gulf view and other "plus"s ;)

Per Ralph, the Ferry is a good "Cruising" route. Wait I think that's the OTHER kind of cruise!

3. F512M

F512M Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Lawrence
    Forcast for tomorrow morning looks great. Should be an awesome drive.

4. F512M

F512M Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Lawrence
    Just got back!!! Wooohoooo!!!!! That was a great drive. The Sea Center Texas was pretty cool. They had a great tour that shows you how they breed the Redfish, Trout, and Tarpon.

The Bluewater Hwy was really nice. There were a few twisty parts that were a lot of fun. Twenty miles of twisty beach view road.

For those that missed it, don't worry. We are working on the next one.

JL