Going into surgery tomorrow... | FerrariChat

Going into surgery tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by matterhorn762, Jun 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    I'm getting surgery tomorrow on my right foot for multiple lisfranc fractures. Seems my ligaments tore right out of my bone and took pieces of the bone with them.

So wish me luck!

Worst part of all... no driving for another 3 months!!!!!!!!!!

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto

Um, What did you do? there are other members here who if they posted this kind of thing I would naturally assume they bit down whilst they were posting in politic-religion area....

Best

3. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    Military airborne injury.

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Best of luck with that!

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Good luck with that and speedy "full" recovery!!

6. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Best wishes, my thoughts are with you. (At least you are not getting ANY type of surgery that I do!:) )

7. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Best of luck and have a speedy recovery.

8. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Good luck and get well soon!

9. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Good Luck!!!

I hate jumping out of plains!!!

10. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    Best wishes. Hope it all goes well.

11. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    So I'm back from my surgery. I went under spinal anesthesia so I could still remain awake during the 2 hour operation. First thing they did under anesthesia was to stress my foot to make sure it was unstable and required surgery. To do this they bend it with their hands. We all heard a series of bones breaking once they did this... snap-crack-crack-pop-snap!! This meant that it was indeed unstable.

Although I was under spinal anesthesia, the breaking hurt like hell! So they gave me some more sedatives. This is my second operation under spinal anesthesia, which I prefer because I believe that being mentally aware of what is going on with your own body is beneficial for a speedy recovery. I've always been impressed with how connected one's mental state is to his body's health.

So anyway... now I begin the long 6 month journey to recover. Thanks for the well wishes.

12. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    Ouch - I wish you a speedy recovery. Were you awake the whole time? How did they repair the bone?

13. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    Well, I've been in bed for a couple of days recovering from my surgery. I had spinal anesthesia for the operation so that I could stay awake. The first thing they did in the OR was to "stress" the foot to make sure it was unstable and required surgery. This is normally done by bending the foot with their hands and taking an X-ray in that position. However, when they bent my foot, we call all hear a snap-crack-pop-crack-crack-snap!!! About 4 bones broke simultaneously. And I could feel it! It hurt like hell. I told the anesthesiologist this and they increased the sedatives.

Anyway, they put in two screws and 4 pins in my midmost. They should all be removed in a few months. I hope to rejoin my previous military training in mid-November. If I'm not ready by that date, I'll have to wait till February, which I really don't want to do.

It's still going to be a couple more months before I can drive. Thanks again for all your well wishes.

14. zach_300zxTT

zach_300zxTT Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Zach Lindsey
    I'd go insane! What are you gonna do for 3 whole months???

15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    You can't get one of those wheel-mounted throttle and brake systems like Zanardi?

Hope you recover quickly.

16. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Wish you the best of health and a speedy recovery.